Senior Data Architect / DBA
PlanetJam Media Group
Quote:> Anyone out there have any experience porting VB/ADO applications from
> Centura's SQLBase product to SQL Server...? I've done some rudimentary
> testing and it seems straight-forward enough, but I was looking to see if
> there are any 'gotchas' I might not be aware of...
1. Converting Centura SQLBase 7.5.1 to SQL Server 2000
We have purchased Microsoft SQL Server 2000, and would
like to convert all our tables, scripts, and data from our
current Centura SQLbase 7.5.1. In addition, we are moving
from Windows NT platform to Windows 2000. I am also
concerned about the data type conversions.
Does DTS have procedures in place to perform operations
such as these and more? If so can someone point me in the
Scott L. Armand
2. Question on record locking in DAO v2.x & VB 6.0
3. SQLBase (Centura Software) and Linked Servers
4. Possible major bug in PlPython (plus some other ideas)
5. Help needed: Centura SQLBASE 7.50 to MS-SQL 7.0 SP2 via DTS
6. US-PA: Harrisburg-Oracle Forms Developer
7. Centura/Gupta SQLBase to MS SQL 6.5
8. ANNOUNCE: ODBCExpress WWW Site
9. SQLServer 6.5 to Gupta/Centura SQLBase Replication?
10. Centura/SQLBase stored procedures and Delphi TStoredProc
12. locking for JDBC for Centura SQLBase 6.?