Convert Access db to SQL Server?

Post by Joaquim Maced » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:03:21

Hi all.

I saw a message on this subject, that says:

From Simon Liao:
http://www.microsoft.com/AccessDev/ProdInfo/AUT97dat.htm

From Sue:
Access Upsizing Tools

But I have another question. My Access database has
**only** tables.
The application that gets the data from the Access
database is created in Delphi.
My queries are defined on Delphi. Is it possible to use
the same queries ( and the same sintax ), on SQL Server
that I used with Access database?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Joaquim.

Convert Access db to SQL Server?

Post by Steve Thompso » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 23:11:06

Most importantly, will Delphi support communication with SQL Server, either
via ODBC, OLEDB, ADO, etc? If the answer is yes, you should be OK with the
connectivity from Delphi to SQL Server. Second, I suspect that your queries
may have to be re-written to support SQL Server Transact SQL.

Steve

Quote:> I saw a message on this subject, that says:

> From Simon Liao:
> http://www.microsoft.com/AccessDev/ProdInfo/AUT97dat.htm

> From Sue:
> Access Upsizing Tools

> But I have another question. My Access database has
> **only** tables.
> The application that gets the data from the Access
> database is created in Delphi.
> My queries are defined on Delphi. Is it possible to use
> the same queries ( and the same sintax ), on SQL Server
> that I used with Access database?

> Thanks a lot in advance.

> Best regards,
> Joaquim.

1. Problems after converting Access DB to SQL Server DB

Questions to ask about Access / SQL Server conversion

1.      Problem with Booleans in combo boxes after converting SQL Server 7.0 data
to Access 2000 data.
In a SQL Server 7.0 you use a bit as a Boolean. A bit can have the values 0 or 1.
After converting the SQL Server data to Access data the values have changed to 0
or 1.
How do I turn these values to Yes or No in combo boxes?

2.      Problem with Autonumber in Access GUI after converting SQL Server 7.0
data to Access 2000 data.
When you create a new post in Access (using a Access GUI) you can show the
autonumber or identity field of that post at once, while in SQL Server you cant.
Is there an easy way to solve this problem without a lot of programming work in
the GUI?

3.      Problem with assignments in Access GUI after converting SQL Server 7.0
data to Access 2000 data.
When using an Access DB you can assign a variable the value of an autonumber or
identity (see problem number 2) before the post is saved, while in SQL Server you
cant. The variable will therefore not get a value.
How to solve this problem in the easiest way?

2. If condition1 and condition2 behaviour in OR

3. I need, must have program for converting Access DB to SQL server 6.5 Script

4. Record locking in ASP

5. Converting SQL server DB into ACCESS DB

6. text OUTPUT from SP - BOL says its possible - do you believe them?

7. Converting Access 2000 DB to SQL Server 2000

8. VB4 and Access 2.0 date problem

9. need help converting a SQL Server DB to Access

10. Help Converting Access 2K DB to SQL Server 2K

11. Tools to convert Access db into SQL 7 db

12. Convert Access 97 DB to Access 2002 DB

13. Converting Access 2.0 DB to Access 97 DB in VB code