database disappeared from enterprise manager

database disappeared from enterprise manager

Post by Thorwald Westmaa » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 00:19:23

We are running the CRM program Goldmine Front Office.  It has a SQL 7.0
backend.

Today,  we started having trouble with our databases and the key in fixing
it seems to be to open the SQL database to check some things.

But, when we open the EM,  it says 'no items'.   Goldmine is working fine
however, except that we lost a year of history records.

Any suggestions on how to find our database?

Thorwald

---

database disappeared from enterprise manager

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 00:52:00

Can you connect to your SQL Server using Query Analyzer and run the
following command?

SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabases
GO

Do you see your database here? If you do, try the following command and see
if it gives any errors:

USE Your_Database_Name_Here
GO
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

We are running the CRM program Goldmine Front Office.  It has a SQL 7.0
backend.

Today,  we started having trouble with our databases and the key in fixing
it seems to be to open the SQL database to check some things.

But, when we open the EM,  it says 'no items'.   Goldmine is working fine
however, except that we lost a year of history records.

Any suggestions on how to find our database?

Thorwald

---

database disappeared from enterprise manager

Post by Mark Alliso » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:29:58

Also check your SQL Server error log. Anything in there that can give a clue
as to what happened?

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.allisonmitchell.com

> Can you connect to your SQL Server using Query Analyzer and run the
> following command?

> SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabases
> GO

> Do you see your database here? If you do, try the following command and
see
> if it gives any errors:

> USE Your_Database_Name_Here
> GO
> --
> HTH,
> Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

> We are running the CRM program Goldmine Front Office.  It has a SQL 7.0
> backend.

> Today,  we started having trouble with our databases and the key in fixing
> it seems to be to open the SQL database to check some things.

> But, when we open the EM,  it says 'no items'.   Goldmine is working fine
> however, except that we lost a year of history records.

> Any suggestions on how to find our database?

> Thorwald

> ---

database disappeared from enterprise manager

Post by Thorwald Westmaa » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:03:05

Hi Mark,

I actually CAN see my databases when I open the query analizer, down to the
tabels of the file that seems to be missing....

As to the log,  who can I check it (you're not talking to a SQL expert here
:-) ).

thanks for your help.

Thorwald

> Also check your SQL Server error log. Anything in there that can give a
clue
> as to what happened?

> --
> Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.allisonmitchell.com

> > Can you connect to your SQL Server using Query Analyzer and run the
> > following command?

> > SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabases
> > GO

> > Do you see your database here? If you do, try the following command and
> see
> > if it gives any errors:

> > USE Your_Database_Name_Here
> > GO
> > --
> > HTH,
> > Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> > http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

> > We are running the CRM program Goldmine Front Office.  It has a SQL 7.0
> > backend.

> > Today,  we started having trouble with our databases and the key in
fixing
> > it seems to be to open the SQL database to check some things.

> > But, when we open the EM,  it says 'no items'.   Goldmine is working
fine
> > however, except that we lost a year of history records.

> > Any suggestions on how to find our database?

> > Thorwald

> > ---

---

Post by Thorwald Westmaa » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:04:20

Hi Mark,

I actually CAN see my databases when I open the query analizer, down to the
tabels of the file that seems to be missing....

As to the log,  who can I check it (you're not talking to a SQL expert here
:-) ).

thanks for your help.

Thorwald

> Also check your SQL Server error log. Anything in there that can give a
clue
> as to what happened?

> --
> Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.allisonmitchell.com

> > Can you connect to your SQL Server using Query Analyzer and run the
> > following command?

> > SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabases
> > GO

> > Do you see your database here? If you do, try the following command and
> see
> > if it gives any errors:

> > USE Your_Database_Name_Here
> > GO
> > --
> > HTH,
> > Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> > http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

> > We are running the CRM program Goldmine Front Office.  It has a SQL 7.0
> > backend.

> > Today,  we started having trouble with our databases and the key in
fixing
> > it seems to be to open the SQL database to check some things.

> > But, when we open the EM,  it says 'no items'.   Goldmine is working
fine
> > however, except that we lost a year of history records.

> > Any suggestions on how to find our database?

> > Thorwald

> > ---

---

Post by Thorwald Westmaa » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:05:06

Hi Mark,

I actually CAN see my databases when I open the query analizer, down to the
tabels of the file that seems to be missing....

As to the log,  who can I check it (you're not talking to a SQL expert here
:-) ).

thanks for your help.

Thorwald

> Also check your SQL Server error log. Anything in there that can give a
clue
> as to what happened?

> --
> Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.allisonmitchell.com

> > Can you connect to your SQL Server using Query Analyzer and run the
> > following command?

> > SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabases
> > GO

> > Do you see your database here? If you do, try the following command and
> see
> > if it gives any errors:

> > USE Your_Database_Name_Here
> > GO
> > --
> > HTH,
> > Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> > http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

> > We are running the CRM program Goldmine Front Office.  It has a SQL 7.0
> > backend.

> > Today,  we started having trouble with our databases and the key in
fixing
> > it seems to be to open the SQL database to check some things.

> > But, when we open the EM,  it says 'no items'.   Goldmine is working
fine
> > however, except that we lost a year of history records.

> > Any suggestions on how to find our database?

> > Thorwald

> > ---

---

Post by Thorwald Westmaa » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:05:15

Hi Mark,

I actually CAN see my databases when I open the query analizer, down to the
tabels of the file that seems to be missing....

As to the log,  who can I check it (you're not talking to a SQL expert here
:-) ).

thanks for your help.

Thorwald

> Also check your SQL Server error log. Anything in there that can give a
clue
> as to what happened?

> --
> Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.allisonmitchell.com

> > Can you connect to your SQL Server using Query Analyzer and run the
> > following command?

> > SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabases
> > GO

> > Do you see your database here? If you do, try the following command and
> see
> > if it gives any errors:

> > USE Your_Database_Name_Here
> > GO
> > --
> > HTH,
> > Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> > http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

> > We are running the CRM program Goldmine Front Office.  It has a SQL 7.0
> > backend.

> > Today,  we started having trouble with our databases and the key in
fixing
> > it seems to be to open the SQL database to check some things.

> > But, when we open the EM,  it says 'no items'.   Goldmine is working
fine
> > however, except that we lost a year of history records.

> > Any suggestions on how to find our database?

> > Thorwald

> > ---

---

database disappeared from enterprise manager

Post by Thorwald Westmaa » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:08:17

Hi Vyas,

Yes, I can see them an open them up to the individual tabel level

That's kind of reassuring.  ...

thorwald

> Can you connect to your SQL Server using Query Analyzer and run the
> following command?

> SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabases
> GO

> Do you see your database here? If you do, try the following command and
see
> if it gives any errors:

> USE Your_Database_Name_Here
> GO
> --
> HTH,
> Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

> We are running the CRM program Goldmine Front Office.  It has a SQL 7.0
> backend.

> Today,  we started having trouble with our databases and the key in fixing
> it seems to be to open the SQL database to check some things.

> But, when we open the EM,  it says 'no items'.   Goldmine is working fine
> however, except that we lost a year of history records.

> Any suggestions on how to find our database?

> Thorwald

> ---

---

database disappeared from enterprise manager

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:11:46

I'd suggest you connect to this SQL Server using Enterprise Manager from
another machine, and see if the databases show up. If they do, then it's
more of a client side problem with Enterprise Manager.
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

Hi Vyas,

Yes, I can see them an open them up to the individual tabel level

That's kind of reassuring.  ...

thorwald

> Can you connect to your SQL Server using Query Analyzer and run the
> following command?

> SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabases
> GO

> Do you see your database here? If you do, try the following command and
see
> if it gives any errors:

> USE Your_Database_Name_Here
> GO
> --
> HTH,
> Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

> We are running the CRM program Goldmine Front Office.  It has a SQL 7.0
> backend.

> Today,  we started having trouble with our databases and the key in fixing
> it seems to be to open the SQL database to check some things.

> But, when we open the EM,  it says 'no items'.   Goldmine is working fine
> however, except that we lost a year of history records.

> Any suggestions on how to find our database?

> Thorwald

> ---

---

1. Help!! All database disappear in Enterprise Manager after installing Win2K SP4 + MDAC 2.8 + MSSQL Service Pack 3a

Dear all,

I have a very urgent problem now!~!~
After I installed SP Win2K SP4 + MDAC 2.8 + MSSQL Service Pack 3a in the database server,
I found that all database disappear in Enterprise Manager of another machine now!! I have tried to
unregister and re-register the SQL Registration in the Enterprise Manager, but it still not found. I am
sure the database have no problem, coz I can Select ,Update the database through Query Analyzer!!

So, any expert can tell me why, thanks!!!

Br,
Rayman

2. how to put checkboxes in MS Flex Grid

3. DTS/SQL Enterprise Manager Disappearing

4. FoxPro questions

5. Disappearing Tables in Enterprise Manager - SQL7.0

6. SQLServer 7 Job 2 Internet/ASP File

7. enterprise manager - servers disappear after changing password

8. Post-Corel: the least they can do is to publish the table format ...

9. Disappearing data types in SQL 6.5 Enterprise Manager

10. Enterprise manager disappeared

11. SQL7 Triggers Disappear in Enterprise Manager

12. Enterprise manager disappeared.