DBaseIV import in SQL6.5

Post by stép » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 05:36:55

Bonjour everybody,

I wish to periodically import a DbaseIV file (a lot of records) that is on a
application sever into a SQL6.5 server that is on a other server. I have
some strange results with bcp (due to the header of the Dbase file I think)
and read something about an xp.dll which I can't find on my sql server. Does
anybody have some experiences with that kind of problem.

Thanks a lot.

DBaseIV import in SQL6.5

Post by Steve Cole » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 22:28:51

Sure. a rough recipe:

1) Download the SQL 6.5 programmers' toolkit from the main microsoft
download site.
2) Get a C compiler and compile xp_scan_xbase (it may be pre-built)
3) Install the xp
4) Then doing the equivalent of this in isqlw:

create table #foo( <columns just like your dbase file> )

insert #foo( exec master.dbo.xp_scan_xbase "\\SERVER\Share\sales.dbf" )

Steve