msolap.asp - doesn't want to work

Post by Paul » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:09:09

Hello
I'm have been trying to get access to  Analysis Services via HTTP.
I installed MS XP office component on my machine. Then I copied msolap.asp
into a web root.
When I point my browser to this file -nothing happens just one <html> tag.
Anyways I don't get any errors. Then I try to get access to OLAP from a
Pivot table on a HTML page.
If i write
PTable.ConnectionString = "provider=msolap;data source=myserver;inital
catalog=Foodmart 2000;"

it works - but I need http!
I try

PTable.ConnectionString = "Provider = msolap; data source
=http://MY_IP_HERE/olap/msolap.asp; Initial Catalog = FoodMart 2000"

- it doesn't work.
I keep trying an example from the msdn  like
Dim cat as new ADOMD.Catalog
cat.ActiveConnection = "Provider = msolap;" & _
      " Datasource =" _ &
      " http://<URL>/;" & _
      " Initial Catalog = FoodMart 2000"

It doesn't work (error - object not found). Obviosly - something wrong with
the .asp page.
Is there anyone who was successfull with this magic msolap.asp
I have an Interprise edition SQL2000.
Paul

msolap.asp - doesn't want to work

Post by praveena sridha » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:23:41

Hi
the problem is that you have to install IIS on the machine where your
Analysis server is residing and the default web site of your IIS should
have msolap.asp as the default page.
now you will be able to access analysis server through internet.I have
tried it.It works.
regards
Praveena

1. ASp's rs.Filter doesn't work for SQL

I'm trying to assign a customerID number to a newly added customer, in which I am able to insert the record into the sQL database, but when I go to my next ASP page from the posted form from the previous page, I cannot grab the newest recordset and it's new data with the below block of code:

Dim rs
Set rs = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Recordset")
    rs.Open "customers", dbc, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adCmdTable
    rs.Filter = "custID = " & CInt(Session("customerid"))

This works when using my Access200 db, but with my SQL db it only displays the highest numerated (Max) recordset before my new recordset, not the new recordset I just created with the new customerID number. What can I use in place of rs.Filter, or should I use an SQL string to open & read my recordset.

Thanks
J Muenchbourg

  LastRunDuration.txt
3K Download

2. Active Server Pages

3. Query Analyzer Works, ASP Doesn't

4. Describing objects

5. Porting ASP code from access to SQL Server - DSN doesn't work

6. Headstart utilities

7. SQL Server, Visual InterDev and ADO/ASP: one login works, another doesn't

8. US-PA: Philadelphia-Oracle DBA

9. ASP/SQL Server Problem, INSERT Works, UPDATE Doesn't

10. XML for Analysis Simple Sample XLS doesn't work w/ASP.NET XML WebControl

11. Procedure with temporary tables doesn't work from ASP page

12. Internet Publishing Provider doesn't work with ASP

13. XML for Analysis Simple Sample XLS doesn't work w/ASP.NET XML WebControl