ntwdblib.dll

Post by Anthony Licciard » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello.
I am a bit of a novice in this area but need a dll in order to connect
to my SQLserver.
Could someone please attach ntwdblib.dll and email it to me?
It will take me hours to download the evaluation version to extract this
one file.
I am running version 7.0
Many thanks

1. ntwdblib.dll vs sqlsrv32.dll (native driver vs ODBC driver)

It seems to me that the current ntwdblib.dll with MS SQL Server 7 CD
(beta 3) is not compatiable with MS SQL Server 7.  If a table has nchar,
nvarchar, or ntext data type field, the application used the
ntwdblib.dll will not work properly.  For example, the following simple
statemet cannot be executed successfully:

Select * from TableWithNTextField

However, an application used Sqlsrv32.dll will work fine.

In the past, isqlw.exe used ntwdblib.dll but the new isqlw.exe (with MS
SQL Server 7 beta 3 CD) uses sqlsrv32.dll.  What is the reason for the
change?  I cannot find the type definitions of nvarchar, nchar and ntext
in the new sqlfront.h, which defines the types of varchar, char and
ntext.  When I used the dbcolinfo to get the data type info for nchar
field, the reture value is 0x2f, which is just char data type.  So,
ntwdblib.dll is either not upgraded or cannot support the new MS SQL
Server anymore.

Can any one shed some light one my problem?  Thanks in advance.

Tao Lin

2. Cooked files and mmap

3. NTWDBLIB.DLL

4. i hope find help

5. Updating NTWDBLIB.DLL

6. Disappearing key fields in Paradox 3.5...

7. ntwdblib.dll (Native vs. ODBC driver)

8. suspect database

9. Updating NTWDBLIB.DLL

10. What is NTWDBLIB.DLL

11. NTWDBLIB.DLL