Problems replicating to ODBC Sybase System 11 subscriber

Problems replicating to ODBC Sybase System 11 subscriber

Post by Ron Foste » Sun, 02 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Have been trying to implement odbc replication from 6.5 to Sybase for about
a month with little success. There are a couple of fundamental problems
that I could sure use some help with:

What is required to actually invoke the sync activities on the sybase
subscriber? The sync task appears to properly detect the new ( odbc )
subscriber, and creates the character-format unload files and schemas as
expected. However, there does not seem to be any attempt being made to
invoke the sync commmands over on the subscriber. I am monitoring the
System DSN using Iintersolv's spy utility, which works just fine when using
the same DSN through Microsoft Query. It really looks as if no connection
is even being attempted. Could have sworn I had seen this work in the past,
and can't find any documentation stating that this must be done manually.

Also, in looking at the job commands, I noticed that object names are
delimited by quotes, which would likely fail if they ever were invoked by
the sync step. They definitely failed  when trying them manually on the
Sybase server. I thought I saw an option somewhere to disable the quotes
from the replication commands but can't find it in either replication or
ODBC documentation.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1. DTS - Sybase System 11 via ODBC to MSSQL2000 problem

For some reason, when I import Numeric(10,0) columns from a Sybase System11
database via ODBC into my MSSQL2000 via DTS, every multiple of 10 becomes a
zero.
This is making the import worthless.  Is this a known problem, or is there a
better approach.

I have tried importing it as an Int with the same results.

Has anyone out there dealt with this?

TIA
Bill Mell

2. free JDBC type4 and NT authentication supports

3. Problem With Sybase 11 system(10) ODBC error

4. mac db for cd access

5. Problem with ODBC connection to Sybase System 11

6. - Trouble with Linked Servers

7. system error code 127 while loading ODBC Sybase system 11

8. Master->Detail Form Problem

9. ODBC Error X Image data type X VB5.0 ODBCDirect X Sybase System 11

10. VB5 and Sybase System 11 (ODBC)

11. odbc driver for sybase system 11

12. Sybase System 11 and ODBC

13. ODBC Error X Image data type X VB5.0 ODBCDirect X Sybase System 11