Problem connecting to Analysis Services after changing server machine name

Problem connecting to Analysis Services after changing server machine name

Post by x.. » Sun, 24 Jun 2001 01:28:08

Hi,

I migrated two servers today and had to rename the machines names and
change ip addresses. We can connect to SQL Server using Enterprise
Manager but when connecting with Analysis Manager we get the message
"Cannot connect to respository. Analysis Server: DTCSLSRD1. Error:
Method '~' or object '~' failed.".

Any clues anyone please.

Thanks,
Steve.

Post by s.ranford-br.. » Sun, 24 Jun 2001 01:30:51

>Hi,

>I migrated two servers today and had to rename the machines names and
>change ip addresses. We can connect to SQL Server using Enterprise
>Manager but when connecting with Analysis Manager we get the message
>"Cannot connect to respository. Analysis Server: DTCSLSRD1. Error:
>Method '~' or object '~' failed.".

>Any clues anyone please.

>Thanks,
>Steve.

Apologies, hadn't set my mail account. It is

Problem connecting to Analysis Services after changing server machine name

Post by John L » Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:42:12

The info about your repository location is stored in these 2 registry
keys:
HKLM\software\microsoft\olap server\server connection
info\RemoteRepositoryConnectionString and Repository Connect String.
Modify these two to point to your new server name.

This is always better to make a backup copy first before modify
anything in the registry.

> >Hi,

> >I migrated two servers today and had to rename the machines names and
> >change ip addresses. We can connect to SQL Server using Enterprise
> >Manager but when connecting with Analysis Manager we get the message
> >"Cannot connect to respository. Analysis Server: DTCSLSRD1. Error:
> >Method '~' or object '~' failed.".

> >Any clues anyone please.

> >Thanks,
> >Steve.

> Apologies, hadn't set my mail account. It is

1. Drillthrough sample can't connect to Analysis Service Server from a remote machine

The sample code works fine on the SQL 2000 Analysis Service Server
itself. After I loaded the sample code, offpack.exe, on the a w2k pro
workstation that has OfficeXP installed, I am unable to connect to
the remote SQL Analysis Service Server. I got the error connection
message.

The server is in an AD domain and the workstation is in the same
domain as well. Anything should be changed on the remote workstation?
The default role is all users have the right to the cubes. I don't
know what else should be configured on the server too.

Thanks,

Dean

2. Database trends - past, present and future

3. Change Analysis Services server name in a DTS package

4. Query in DTS

5. Changing the name of a data source in Analysis Services

6. Sending email in HTML format

7. Analysis Services. SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services

8. Training Recommendaton in Austin TX? - 2073 Programming Sql Server

9. Can't Connect To DB After Changing Machine Name

10. SQL Server Service Manager problem when changing computer name

11. Can not connect to analysis server after rename the server name

12. Analysis manager connecting to Analysis Services takes forever

13. Problem connecting to Analysis Services via HTTP