Importing Paradox for DOS files after installing WSH

Importing Paradox for DOS files after installing WSH

Post by Peter Roll » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:27:21

A long shot, but possibly someone here has had the same problem...

Server - NT4 SP6, SQL2000 SP3

I have some DTS packages that import Paradox for DOS files, and in order to
get the import to work it was necessary to change the CollationSequence
setting in the registry from Ascii to International.

These packages have been working fine for 6 months until we had to install
Windows Scripting (WSH) to do some programmatic drive mapping.

Now the error message "Incorrect Collating Sequence" has returned whenever
we try to connect to the paradox files.

Any ideas?

Incidentally, installing WSH also "un-registered" some dlls used by our
scripts.

Regards

Pete

Importing Paradox for DOS files after installing WSH

Post by Euan Garden[MS » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:43:08

Try re-installing MDAC (and depending on which version  it is) Jet as well,
thats what is used by DTS to read Paradox data if you are using the supplied
OLE DB Driver.

--
-Euan

Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit. When posting,
please state the version of SQL Server being used and the error number/exact
error message text received, if any.

Quote:> A long shot, but possibly someone here has had the same problem...

> Server - NT4 SP6, SQL2000 SP3

> I have some DTS packages that import Paradox for DOS files, and in order
> get the import to work it was necessary to change the CollationSequence
> setting in the registry from Ascii to International.

> These packages have been working fine for 6 months until we had to install
> Windows Scripting (WSH) to do some programmatic drive mapping.

> Now the error message "Incorrect Collating Sequence" has returned whenever
> we try to connect to the paradox files.

> Any ideas?

> Incidentally, installing WSH also "un-registered" some dlls used by our
> scripts.

> Regards

> Pete

1. Paradox for DOS file import fails

A long shot, but possibly someone here has had the same problem...

Server - NT4 SP6, SQL2000 SP3

I have some DTS packages that import Paradox for DOS files, and in order to
get the import to work it was necessary to change the CollationSequence
setting in the registry from Ascii to International.

These packages had been working fine for 6 months until we had to install
Windows Scripting (WSH) to do some programmatic drive mapping.

Now the error message "Incorrect Collating Sequence" has returned whenever
we try to connect to the paradox files.

Any ideas?

Incidentally, installing WSH also "un-registered" some dlls used by our
scripts.

Regards

Pete

2. partitioned index does not work.

3. Paradox DOS that can import Reflex 2 files

4. Error: Can't Allocate Space for Object

5. Converting, Importing, or Updating Paradox 4.5 for DOS Scripts to Paradox 5 for Win

6. Sybase Connectivity from a DOS application

7. Importing QPro5.0/DOS files to PDOX4.5/DOS

8. FYI - removing replication

9. migrating DOS Paradox v3.5 to DOS Paradox v4.5 under Win3.x

10. Installing WSH _after_ SQL Server?

11. Paradox 4.0 for DOS import procedure

12. Importing Paradox 4.5 for dos into Access 2.0

13. IMPORT PARADOX FOR DOS V 4.5 INTO PDOXWIN 4.5