How to alter User Defined Data Types

Post by Sundareswa » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 17:54:30

Hello,

I want to alter the width/type of a User Defined Data
Type. I searched for the same. Everybody suggests to drop
the type and recreate the same. Since its in the
Production and lot of dependent objects are there. It will
be very difficult to alter each and every object.

Is there any way to do the same in SQL 7 or SQL 2000. Or
is there any hidden extended procedures for the same.

Your suggestions and solutions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards

Sundar

How to alter User Defined Data Types

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 18:15:33

Please do not post the same question independently to different newsgroups.
See my response in .Server group.
--
HTH,
Vyas,

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

Quote:> Hello,

> I want to alter the width/type of a User Defined Data
> Type. I searched for the same. Everybody suggests to drop
> the type and recreate the same. Since its in the
> Production and lot of dependent objects are there. It will
> be very difficult to alter each and every object.

> Is there any way to do the same in SQL 7 or SQL 2000. Or
> is there any hidden extended procedures for the same.

> Your suggestions and solutions are highly appreciated.

> Thanks in Advance!

> Regards

> Sundar

1. How to alter User Defined Data Type

Hello,

I want to alter the width/type of a User Defined Data
Type. I searched for the same. Everybody suggests to drop
the type and recreate the same. Since its in the
Production and lot of dependent objects are there. It will
be very difficult to alter each and every object.

Is there any way to do the same in SQL 7 or SQL 2000. Or
is there any hidden extended procedures for the same.

Your suggestions and solutions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards

Sundar

2. Sql SERVER through TELNET

3. Alter user defined data types

4. PHP4 Persistent Connection

5. Compile error: User-defined data type not defined!

6. Make Money With Your Computer!

7. User-defined data type not defined

8. Suggestions appreciated for a new project

9. alter a user defined type

10. Table type with user defined data type.

11. Change the data type of a user defined type

12. DAO in VB5 yields User-defined type not defined

13. How to define a user-defined type in ACCESS