SQL SP updates Oracle DB

Post by Andy NoSpa » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:45:11

Hi,

i have a problem on updating an oracle table from SQL-Server 2000.
i have a scheduled DTS-Package that imports all data from an oracle
table where a flag is set to 0. after importing all data i need to
change the flag in the oracle table to 1 so that the next time thes
data is ignored.

has anyone an idea? thanks in advance
andy

SQL SP updates Oracle DB

Post by Murat Oka » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:00:04

Hi Andy,
You need to add an extra step to the scheduled job which will set the
flag. As far as I am using SQL Server 7.0, I don't include the steps.
But I think it is again in Enterprise Manager's Management/Jobs step.
You should see your scheduled DTS package as a job.

cheers.

Quote:> Hi,

> i have a problem on updating an oracle table from SQL-Server 2000.
> i have a scheduled DTS-Package that imports all data from an oracle
> table where a flag is set to 0. after importing all data i need to
> change the flag in the oracle table to 1 so that the next time thes
> data is ignored.

> has anyone an idea? thanks in advance
> andy

SQL SP updates Oracle DB

Post by Andy NoSpa » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 02:03:51

Hi Murat,

thanks... thats what i found out too and it works fine.
Just a sinple SQL-Statement that updates the oracle-DB
Andy

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:00:04 +0200, "Murat Okay" <murat_okay at yahoo

>Hi Andy,
>You need to add an extra step to the scheduled job which will set the
>flag. As far as I am using SQL Server 7.0, I don't include the steps.
>But I think it is again in Enterprise Manager's Management/Jobs step.
>You should see your scheduled DTS package as a job.

>cheers.

>> Hi,

>> i have a problem on updating an oracle table from SQL-Server 2000.
>> i have a scheduled DTS-Package that imports all data from an oracle
>> table where a flag is set to 0. after importing all data i need to
>> change the flag in the oracle table to 1 so that the next time thes
>> data is ignored.

>> has anyone an idea? thanks in advance
>> andy

1. sp recompile, db updates

MSSQL v 6.5.201
When a table is restructured, a dependent stored procedure <sometimes> needs
to be recompiled.  How can I automatically recompile all stored procedures
after a database update?  Ive tried sp_MSforeachtable sp_recompile ?
but that seems to only effect the underlying query plan.

If a new field is added, the only way to get the sp to see it is to compile
(run) it in a query window or the Manage Stored Procedures window (who
really wants to open and run 30 stored procedures * 50 databases).

Are there any third party tools that can automate the update of existing
database schemas any easier task?  Unfortunately, our development database
changes daily,  making it very difficult to maintain our customers sites.

Thanks,

Scott

2. UNABLE TO APPLY SP5 on MS SQL Server 6.5

3. Can one SP call another SP in another DB on a different System

4. US-TX-FINANCIAL ANALYZER

5. SP querying Oracle DB

6. way to force conn to close fastest?

7. SP-2 Updates for SQL Server 2000

8. Transparent access to SQL Server tables - possible? Advisable?

9. Update-Create SP in SQL 2000

10. Slow update via SQL 6.5 SP

11. Update - Create SP In SQL 2000

12. pb in update querie (in T-SQL sp)

13. SQLOLE and update statistic(MS SQL 6.5 SP 3)