Differences of SQL, Access, and Oracle

Post by Smitte » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 07:28:27

I am currently a web and network programmer.  I have used
Access in ASP and Visual Basic and would like to move, or
at least get involved with, SQL and/or Oracle.  I would
like to know the major differences between the three and
where, if any, resources i can research to better prepare
myself for the upgrade.  Thanx for any support.

Differences of SQL, Access, and Oracle

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 18:44:11

Check out these links:

http://www.mssqlserver.com/faq/general-sqlvsoracle.asp
http://www.mysql.com/information/crash-me.php
http://www.tpc.org/
--
HTH,
Vyas

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

Quote:> I am currently a web and network programmer.  I have used
> Access in ASP and Visual Basic and would like to move, or
> at least get involved with, SQL and/or Oracle.  I would
> like to know the major differences between the three and
> where, if any, resources i can research to better prepare
> myself for the upgrade.  Thanx for any support.

1. difference of SQL statement between MS Access and MS SQL server

hi, I used MS access as the database and now migrate it to MS
SQL.Therefore, i need to re-write all the SQL statement.I would like to
ask the difference of SQL statement between MS Access and MS SQL
server.I only know there are the difference of the Yes/No field , the
date format and the wildchar.is there anything else?and i also want the
document/link of the article which states it, thanks

Vicnent

2. table design questions

3. Differences in SQL flavour MS-SQL/ORACLE/SYBASE ?

4. Progress

5. Difference - access versus oracle

6. VB3, Access 1.1 multi user access

7. difference sqlplus and DBI::Oracle access

8. Cursor Problem

9. Differences in SQL flavour MS-SQL/ORACLE/SYBASE ?

10. Oracle and Access difference

11. Differences in SQL flavour MS-SQL/ORACLE/SYBASE ?

12. Differences in ExecuteSQL() and Access's SQL commands

13. Duplicate field name difference with SQL and Access