how to listen on new ip interface

Post by Brad Stif » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:37:10

Is there any way to cause SQL Server to refresh the list
of IP addresses it is listening on without having to
restart the service?

I have MSDE running on machine A, and I am establishing a
PPP connection from A to machine B.  I want machine B to
be able to connect to MSDE on machine A, however, since
SQL Server was started prior to establishing the PPP
connection, it does not listen on the PPP interface unless
it is restarted after making the PPP connection.

I have configured the incoming PPP connection on machine B
so that the IP of the PPP interface of machine A is
constant.

Brad Stiff

how to listen on new ip interface

Post by Farooq Mahmud [M » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:18:48

What version of SQL Server are you using?

Regards,
Farooq Mahmud [MS SQL Support]

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

how to listen on new ip interface

Post by Farooq Mahmud [M » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 19:43:13

SQL Server 2000 SP2 allows this. Please look at the following article:

FIX: Dynamic IP Addresses Cannot Connect to SQL Server 2000 Q306199
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/Articles/q306/1/99.asp

Regards,
Farooq Mahmud [MS SQL Support]

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. Brand New IP Interface Library

How about SMTP/POP3/NTP/DNS Lookup support and a whole host of IP stats and
network configuration information?

http://www.crooit.com/pw32ip.htm

--
For the quickest and best Paradox support see:

http://www.thedbcommunity.com/support/

Rick Kelly
Crooit Software
http://www.crooit.com

Reflect on your present blessings,
of which every man has many,
not on your past misfortunes,
of which all men have some.

Charles Dickens

2. HELP with Status(currentportalrow) function

3. TCP/IP Listener not recognizing new network IP address

4. [Fwd: Create Database ...]

5. New New New

6. Menu bar question

7. kyduke(kyduke@yahoo.com)'s New Logic - New sorting, New paging method

8. Stored Procedure Parameters

9. Weird listener/ip interface problem

10. NJ-New Jersey-56634--SUN-Solaris-TCP/IP-UNIX-ORACLE-Lead Integration Consultant

11. New book on user interface