SQLXMLBulkLoad Bulk Insert Error

Post by Bin » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:39:29

I have installed SQLXMLBulk ver 3 SP 1
I have .net framework installed
I am using the good old plain ADO to connect to the database

Can anyone point me to the direction in which I can resolve this
error. On the execute statement of the bulk load I get the following
error.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: You do not have
permission to use the BULK INSERT statement.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

SQLXMLBulkLoad Bulk Insert Error

Post by Bryant Like » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:12:11

[snip]

Quote:> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: You do not have
> permission to use the BULK INSERT statement.

Yes the user that you use to run the XML Bulk Loading must have permission
to use the Bulk Insert statement. According to SQL BOL:
Only members of the sysadmin and bulkadmin fixed server roles can execute
BULK INSERT.

--
Bryant

1. Error when bulk insert follows another large bulk insert

I am running a job out of MS SQL Enterprise Manager where the first step
turns off transaction logging, the 2nd step is a large bulk insert step,
and the 3rd step is another large bulk insert step.  I receive the
following error when executing the 3rd step.  Is this error occurring
because the database is still comitting data from the previous large bulk
insert at the same time as it is performing the next bulk insert?  If so,
is there a workaround?  Thank you for any help you can provide.

Error message from Step 3 (2nd bulk insert):
Backup, CHECKALLOC, bulk copy, SELECT INTO, and file manipulation
(such as CREATE FILE) operations on a database must be serialized.
Reissue the statement after the current backup, CHECKALLOC, or
file manipulation operation is completed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3023)
The statement has been terminated. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 3621).
The step failed.

2. US-TX-Dallas- Mid-level Oracle Developer 2000 candidates needed...

3. sqlXMLBulkLoad.SQLXMLBulkLoad

4. Programmatically creation of a System DSN

5. Bulk Delete (as opposed to Bulk Insert)

6. Backup Warning : SQL2059w, device full

7. BULK INSERT or BULK COPY

8. request for database bug 'war stories'

9. Bulk Insert / Bulk copy

10. BULK INSERT under bulk copy?

11. DTS Error (BULK INSERT)

12. Bulk Insert Error with SQL 2000