nulls not allowed to nulls allowed

Post by Todd J. Marti » Sat, 13 May 2000 04:00:00

How can I change an existing column that was created with the 'not null'
limitation to allow nulls?

-Todd

nulls not allowed to nulls allowed

Post by Stev » Sat, 13 May 2000 04:00:00

In Enterprise Manager (I'm using 7.0),  expand databases and tables to get
to the table you need to modify.  Right click on the table and select design
table.  Click on Allow Nulls for the appropriate column(s).  Primary keys
and unique indexes that contain these columns will not allow the Allow Nulls
to be checked, so you may need to redefine these.  Hope this helps.