Client access to foreign server from behind Proxy Server

Client access to foreign server from behind Proxy Server

Post by Robert Hanco » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I've got a situation where I need to connect to a foreign SQL server, which
is outside our network, obviously, from a client inside our network, behind
Proxy Server 2.0. I'm running SBS 4.5 with SQL Server 7.0.

I've posted a message in the SBS group about specific SBS limitations, but
I'm also looking for information on how to make this work. A guy from our
web hosting vendor is coming out tomorrow to fix the problem. He says it's a
1-2 job that he's done before. I've checked MS' KB and only found articles
about outside clients connecting to an SQL server that resides behind Proxy
Server. This situation is the reverse.

Does anybody know what needs to be done or can point me to some information
on how to get this done? I want to make sure I understand this and maybe
even handle the task myself. I'm an MCP with Exchange as my "major" (it's
the only test I have left for MCSE), with almost 5 years experience with NT
and 20 years in computers, so I know I can handle learning about it and
maybe even do it myself, but I can't seem to find enough information to get
me there.

Any help and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

1. Problem connecting an oracle client behind Wingate proxy server to an oracle server not behind proxy

I have installed an oracle client (Forms Runtime) behind Wingate proxy
server. When I tried to connect to the server that is not behind any
proxy server I couldnt reach preferable IP (server IP). Somehow I
cant connect to destination IP.

I put in tnsnames.ora the following lines:

PROD.WORLD =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = PROD))
  )

Client machine can connect to Internet while surfing over the Internet
with Internet Explorer but only via proxy server. Is there anything I
should put that client will first connect to proxy and to server:

Network 1 (CLIENT->PROXY)------->Netvork 2 (SERVER)

Any help is appreciated, Boris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. TDBCtrlGrid:Diferent PanelHeights

3. Accessing Oracle server from client which is behind firewall/proxy on intranet

4. How to change decimal separator ? / cambiar el separador decimal?

5. Problem with connecting to sql server form the client computer behind proxy

6. Sybase upgrade

7. Connect client's behind proxy server?

8. fulltext index is late!!!

9. security issues for accessing sql server behind proxy

10. Accessing SQL 7.0 Server from behind a Proxy

11. SQL Server access behind Proxy 1.0

12. Reverse Hosting SQL server behind a proxy server.

13. SQL Server 6.5 behind Proxy Server 2.0