failed to initialize for SQL Enterprise Manger

failed to initialize for SQL Enterprise Manger

Post by Sree » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 04:14:02

I am getting error on our production server when I open
any SQL tools, ISQL, SQL Enterprise Manger, profiler snap-
in failed to initialize for SQL Enterprise Manger and
Application failed to initialize(0xc0000142) when I
open any sql tools. The production server is in cluster
environment.

Basically I  can't access any SQL tools from Active node.
I would like to know how to fix it and make it to work.
From passive node on
secondary server works all the tools fine but SQL Agent
jobs are failing.

the failures are occuring on active node all sql server
agent jobs are failing.If reinstall client components is
that going to break anything what is the     workaround
for this?

version is SQL Server 7 and SP2 version.

Thanks,

Sree

failed to initialize for SQL Enterprise Manger

Post by Hina Masud [M » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 03:54:36

Hi Sree,

You will have to uncluster SQL and then install the client tools and recluster SQL. if you install client tools while it is clustered, it will break your clusters
functionality's.

thank you
Hina Masud
Microsoft

Disclaimer:

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

--------------------

-Subject: failed to initialize for SQL Enterprise Manger
-Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:14:02 -0700

-Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering
-
-I am getting error on our production server when I open
-any SQL tools, ISQL, SQL Enterprise Manger, profiler snap-
-in failed to initialize for SQL Enterprise Manger and
-Application failed to initialize(0xc0000142) when I
-open any sql tools. The production server is in cluster
-environment.
-
-Basically I  can't access any SQL tools from Active node.
-I would like to know how to fix it and make it to work.
-From passive node on
-secondary server works all the tools fine but SQL Agent
-jobs are failing.
-
-the failures are occuring on active node all sql server
-agent jobs are failing.If reinstall client components is
-that going to break anything what is the     workaround
-for this?
-
-version is SQL Server 7 and SP2 version.
-
-
-Thanks,
-
-Sree
-

failed to initialize for SQL Enterprise Manger

Post by Rich Form » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 05:19:57

Quote:> Hi Sree,

> You will have to uncluster SQL and then install the client tools and recluster SQL. if you install client tools while it is clustered, it will break your clusters
> functionality's.

> thank you
> Hina Masud
> Microsoft

> Disclaimer:

Hina,

I found this thread because I am having hte same problem as the
original poster.  (I'm using SQL Server 2000.)  I had to reinstall
Win2000 on my machine, after which I began getting this message when I
tried to start Enterprise Manager.  I uninstalled SQL Server then
reinstalled client tools, same problem - could you explain what you
mean about clustering SQL, and how to uncluster then recluster SQL to
fix the problem?  Thanks very much,

richforman

1. Failed to view a table or view from SQL7 Enterprise Manger

It's strange that I am no longer able to open any table from the SQL
Manager.  Whenever I open table (or a view) by clicking on Return All Rows,
I got the following error message:
  An unexpected error happened during this opertion
  [Query] - Query Designer encountered a Query error:
  Unspecified error

Does any one know what's going on here?  How do I fix this?
Thank you very much for help.
-Tuan.

2. Office 2000 / Access 2000

3. SQL Server 7.0 Enterprise Manager - Snap-in failed to initialize

4. IPM

5. snap-in failed to initialize and Application failed to initialize(0xc0000142

6. Need to get SQL 7 driver on remote computer

7. snap-in failed to initialize and Application failed to initialize(0xc0000142)

8. ADO and/or new SQL Server ODBC driver behavior changed

9. snap-in failed to initialize and Application failed to initialize

10. Cannot register a SQL Server 7 instance with Enterprise Manger of SQL Server 2000

11. Win 98 and SQL Enterprise Manger for SQL 6.5

12. Enterprise Manager snap-in failed to initialize