Need help in connecting to MS ACCESS 97...

Need help in connecting to MS ACCESS 97...

Post by Parag Sohon » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 14:14:20

Hi there,

I am facing a problem connecting to MS ACCESS 97 database.

Here is the situation :

I have SQL Server 2000 installed on one machine and have ACCESS 97 installed
on another machine. Using Linked-Servers I am trying to connect to the
ACCESS 97 database. This ACCESS database has a password for "admin" user. I
am not able to connect to the ACCESS database from SQL Server.

However as soon as I remove the password on the "admin" user for ACCESS
database, I am able to connect it from SQL Server.

The main intention for connecting to ACCESS db from SQL Server, is because I
want to pull over some tables from Access database on a periodic interval.
So thought of creating a linked-server between ACCESS and SQL Server and
then scheduling a job that will pull over data from the linked-server.

I have tried everything that is given in MSDN and also in the help on SQL
Server. However nothing works.

Any immediate help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

--
-- Parag Sohoni
Database Analyst

Even the word Impossible says I'm Possible
(R) : 4222344
(O) : 6119531

1. MS-Access 97 to SQL Server to MS-Access 97

Hi this is a thread from another news group that has not been
answered. Any ideas anyone?

Thank You, Thank You...you hit it right on the money. It seems SQL
import/export converted all my MS-Access memo fields to the SQL ntext
data type. Does SQL Server have a comparable memo field type? If not
how do people get around the memo field requirement? Create text field
large enough for the average requirement?

Thanks Again

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:40:30 +0400, Alexey Dolganov

2. US, CA, Palo Alto: Sybase DBA and Webmaster

3. [Fwd: Re: EXECUTE problems]

4. Connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5 via MS Access 97 and ODBC

5. Need HELP

6. Help needed on writing/updating MS Access 97

7. HELP BDE Access DAO - Can't load library dao3032.dll

8. I Need help insering text and dates into MS Access '97

9. Need help with MS Access 97 tab controls

10. Help, using an Access 97 DB without MS Access Application

11. Connecting to SQL Server 6.5 with MS Access 97 via ODBC