One Access MDB field to multi SQL fields

One Access MDB field to multi SQL fields

Post by Mark Taylo » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 16:24:47

I have an Access database I want to pump into SQL using DTS... However, the
address field is one big field, with lines seperated by Chr(13) and Chr(10).
I want these to be split and put into AddresLine1, AddressLine2 and
AddressLine3 fields in the SQL database.
Is this possible?

Mark Taylor

One Access MDB field to multi SQL fields

Post by Wayne Snyde » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 19:23:06

Yes, simply use the VBScript substring function(Substr I think) to break up
the input and assign it to several dest columns ie

DTSDestination("col1") = SUBSTR(DTSSource("Incol"),1,5)
DTSDestination("col2")= SUBSTR(DTSSource("Incol",6,2)

--
Wayne Snyder SQL Server MVP
IKON Education Services, C*te, NC

One Access MDB field to multi SQL fields

Post by Darren Gree » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:27:21

Quote:>Yes, simply use the VBScript substring function(Substr I think) to break up
>the input and assign it to several dest columns ie

It's Mid in VB/VBScript. That's standardisation for you!

--
Darren Green
http://www.sqldts.com