Urgent: DTS Package

Post by arun » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
  I have a Dts package,which does the following.
first i query table 1 and insert records into table 2.(SQL Server 7 (A)

second, the records in table two are exported to another SQL Server 7
database (B).

Third, I run another query to update table 2 on SQL Server 7 (A)

here is the problem

when i execute the pacakage manually, it runs fine.
now when i use the SQL Server agent to run it, the job fails.
could anyone please tell me why this happening and  what i am doin wrong
and what can be done to fix it.
thanks in advance.

Urgent: DTS Package

Post by Durga Rachapud » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Check under which login you  are running the packase in SQL sgent

Quote:> Hi,
>   I have a Dts package,which does the following.
> first i query table 1 and insert records into table 2.(SQL Server 7 (A)

> second, the records in table two are exported to another SQL Server 7
> database (B).

> Third, I run another query to update table 2 on SQL Server 7 (A)

> here is the problem

> when i execute the pacakage manually, it runs fine.
> now when i use the SQL Server agent to run it, the job fails.
> could anyone please tell me why this happening and  what i am doin wrong
> and what can be done to fix it.
> thanks in advance.

Urgent: DTS Package

Post by Arun » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for the help. I'll try it out. thanks again

* Sent from Devdex.com http://www.devdex.com The Web Developers Index *
The world's largest index site for web developers.