setting up SQL Server data source

Post by Tim Wallac » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:15:57

Can someone please point me to the appropriate place(s) to obtain
information about programmatically defining Data Sources (as opposed to
doing it manually through Control Panel...Administrative Tools...Data
Sources)?

Thank you.

Tim

setting up SQL Server data source

Post by oj » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:05:39

All datasource info is stored under HKLM\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI key.

You will have to programmatically add appropriate values for each datasource.

The easiest is to use SQLCONFIGDATASOURCE function in ODBCCP32.DLL.

--
-oj
http://www.rac4sql.net

Quote:> Can someone please point me to the appropriate place(s) to obtain