Client side cursor causes tempdb to fill

Client side cursor causes tempdb to fill

Post by RDee » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello all - I'm using a VB5.0 application running against SQL Server 6.5
w/ADO 1.5.  When I change the cursor location from adUseServer to
adUseClientBatch on the connection, it causes my 2.0 gig tempdb to fill
during processing (updates).  Any ideas why changing the cursor location
would cause tempdb to get hammered?
Thanks in advance.

1. Client side cursor causes tempdb to fill

Hello all - I'm using a VB5.0 application running against SQL Server 6.5
w/ADO 1.5.  When I change the cursor location from adUseServer to
adUseClientBatch on the connection, it causes my 2.0 gig tempdb to fill
during processing (updates).  Any ideas why changing the cursor location
would cause tempdb to get hammered?
Thanks in advance.

2. BUG in Aceess? DoCmd does not see newly created table

3. Please explain server side cursor vs client side cursor and CacheSize=1

4. Error getting attachments via SQL Mail and xp_readmail

5. Client Side Cursors vs Server Side Cursors

6. URGENT

7. client side cursor vs. server side cursor

8. BCP Wierdness..Help.

9. Client Side and Server Side Cursors

10. Client-side versus Server-side cursors

11. ADO Cursor: Client Side or Server Side

12. ?client-side vs server-side cursors

13. Server side or client side cursors?