ODBC system DSN not visible after creation

ODBC system DSN not visible after creation

Post by Cindy Seger » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

When I create a new system DSN in the ODBC Data Source Administrator
(settings -> control panel) , the new system DSN is not visible there after
creation.
When I try to create it again, I get the message that it already exists.
I don't know how to solve this visibility problem.

Please help me ...

Regards
Cindy Segers

ODBC system DSN not visible after creation

Post by Vic Feferber » Sun, 02 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You might try looking in the registry under HKLM\software\odbc and delete
the offending key.

.com...

Quote:> Hi,

> When I create a new system DSN in the ODBC Data Source Administrator
> (settings -> control panel) , the new system DSN is not visible there
after
> creation.
> When I try to create it again, I get the message that it already exists.
> I don't know how to solve this visibility problem.

> Please help me ...

> Regards
> Cindy Segers

1. ODBC System DSNs not visible on workstation

Hi Sharon

I've not seen this before but you might want to check the Registry to make
verify your System DSNs.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI

Perhaps there is a profile limiting access.  Do you have the same problem
with User DSN?

Best of Luck,

Chris Skorlinski, MCDBA
Microsoft SQL Server Support

2. HELP>>>i have a suspected database

3. Tables not visible in SQL DSN connection to Access

4. coping the control file

5. Tables not visible with SQL 2k DSN connection in MS Access

6. ADODB connection error 800AOE7A

7. system dsn not displaying dsn names

8. PostgreSQL 8.0 ??

9. ODBC not showing in system DSN

10. System DSN not displayed in ODBC Admin

11. System DSN not displayed in ODBC Admin Manager

12. SYSTEM DSN DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ODBC ADMINISTRATOR