Copying a table from one Database to another

Copying a table from one Database to another

Post by Robert Steadma » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

There is a facility in the Enterprise manager to export tables from one
database to another (using SQL 7 Beta 3).

I have used this to copy tables from one SQL database to another - this
basically copies the structure and the data but doesn't copy the identity
column settings (or the primary key).

IMHO it should in order to be useful!! Is this likely to be implemented in
the future?

Regards,

Robert Steadman

Copying a table from one Database to another

Post by Robert Steadma » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I forgot to mention default constraints....!