does the replication works with NT workstation?

does the replication works with NT workstation?

Post by Donald Hame » Wed, 15 Jan 1997 04:00:00

We are having difficulties to setup the replication service between two NT
workstations. I think it need a DNS server, am I right? Do we need NT
Server?

does the replication works with NT workstation?

Post by Andrew Lopatenk » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

My expierence
Replication work from NT Server to NT Server and NT WorkStation
but not work from NT WorkStation
--

Andrew Lopatenko
Quarta

http://www.quarta.msk.ru

Quote:> We are having difficulties to setup the replication service between two

Post by Lynn Fullerto » Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> We are having difficulties to setup the replication service between two NT
> workstations. I think it need a DNS server, am I right? Do we need NT
> Server?

I am currently replicating between 3 workstations without much
difficulty.  What, exactly are your problems?

1. Username not working on NT workstation

Hi friends,

The code below retreives Novell user name from Win95 but doesn't
retreive it from NT workstation. Anybody has an idea why? Should I build
a different function for NT stations?

-----------Code begins here-------------

   Public Function NTDomainUserName() As String
   Dim strBuffer As String * 9
   Dim lngBufferLength As Long
   Dim lngRet As Long
   Dim strTemp As String

    lngBufferLength = 9
    lngRet = GetUserName(strBuffer, lngBufferLength)
    strTemp = UCase(Trim$(strBuffer))
    NTDomainUserName = Left(strTemp, InStr(strTemp, Chr(0)) - 1)

   End Function

-----------Code ends here-------------
--
T h e m i n h  D i e p
Programmer-analyst / Programmeur-analyste

National Research Council Canada / Conseil national de recherches Canada

Biothechnology Research Institute / Institut de recherche en
biotechnologie

2. pgsql/src/backend/port/qnx4 tstsem.c

3. sql enterprise manger's rigester server doesn't work in a nt workstation

4. dbaccess/isql

5. DB2 working distributed on Windoes NT Workstations

6. Memory-Leak in TQuery?

7. ODBC works in w98 not in NT Workstation

8. timeout problem with asp and sql server 7

9. NT Workstation installation works but program fails

10. What versions of Oracle Server work on NT Workstation

11. Replication using SQL Server 6.5 on NT Workstation

12. Does 6.5 work on NT 4.0 Workstation?

13. Help, GUI tools not working anymore - SQL7 SP3 - Workstation NT 4.0 SP6a