ODBC Call failed error 3146

Post by Scott Lezber » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

All of a sudden, we are getting the following error, "ODBC Call failed error
3146" on a numbe of our machines connecting our Access application to a SQL
Server 7 (SP1) database.  No network changes have been recently made.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Scott Lezberg

ODBC Call failed error 3146

Post by Dennis Mackay-Fishe » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Microsoft have reference to this in their knowledgebase reference Q160762

It implies that you have an old (version 1.x) odbc.dll file in the path
before the correct (version 2.x) file.

> All of a sudden, we are getting the following error, "ODBC Call failed
error
> 3146" on a numbe of our machines connecting our Access application to a
SQL
> Server 7 (SP1) database.  No network changes have been recently made.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks in advance

> Scott Lezberg

ODBC Call failed error 3146

Post by Cosmi » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
Do you work with more than one database and different Accounts on Your
SQL-Server? then you shold try to set Your ODBC Database-Connection to a
default database. (Control-Panel->ODBC-->System-DSN...)
it might work without programming a VBA function ,-)

Cu, Kai

> All of a sudden, we are getting the following error, "ODBC Call failed
error
> 3146" on a numbe of our machines connecting our Access application to a
SQL
> Server 7 (SP1) database.  No network changes have been recently made.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks in advance

> Scott Lezberg

1. LEFT JOIN - ODBC Call failed - Error 3146 - (#107)

I am having problems using LEFT JOIN when accessing data on
MS SQL Server 7.0 from my MS Access 97 front-end! I don't
have any problems accessing the same data stored in Access
databases, however, only on SQL Server! It's a bit
frustrating!

I have these two queries that are working ok ('qSL' & 'qTL'
below) - designed to get the data in languages en (English)
and fr (French):

    qSL:
    1, capital cost
    2, capital duty
    3, capital gearing

    qTL:
    1, co?t du capital
    2, droit d'apport

Then the query qBoth is designed to retrieve all the records
where the language pair is 'en' and 'fr', if available (or
Null):

    qBoth:
    1, capital cost, co?t du capital
    2, capital duty, droit d'apport
    3, capital gearing, NULL

The queries are listed here:

Query: 'qSL'
SELECT tdbTerm.tdbConceptID, tdbTerm.tdbTerm,
tdbTerm.tdbTermID, tdbTerm.tdbSort, tdbStatus.tdbStatus,
dclField.dclAbbreviation, tdbConcept.tdbClass1
FROM tdbConcept, tdbTerm, tdbStatus, dclField
WHERE tdbTerm.tdbConceptID=tdbConcept.tdbConceptID AND
      tdbTerm.tdbTermID=tdbStatus.tdbTermID AND
      tdbTerm.tdbTermLanguage='en' AND
      tdbConcept.tdbClass1=dclField.dclCode;

Query: 'qTL'
SELECT tdbTerm_1.tdbConceptID, tdbTerm_1.tdbTerm,
tdbTerm_1.tdbTermID, tdbTerm_1.tdbSort,
tdbStatus_1.tdbStatus, dclField_1.dclAbbreviation,
tdbConcept_1.tdbClass1
FROM tdbConcept AS tdbConcept_1, tdbTerm AS tdbTerm_1,
tdbStatus AS tdbStatus_1, dclField AS dclField_1
WHERE tdbTerm_1.tdbConceptID=tdbConcept_1.tdbConceptID AND
      tdbTerm_1.tdbTermID=tdbStatus_1.tdbTermID AND
      tdbTerm_1.tdbTermLanguage='fr' AND
      tdbConcept_1.tdbClass1=dclField_1.dclCode;

Query: 'qBoth'
SELECT tdbTerm.tdbConceptID, tdbTerm.tdbTerm,
tdbTerm_1.tdbTerm, tdbTerm.tdbSort, tdbConcept.tdbClass1,
dclField.dclAbbreviation, tdbStatus.tdbStatus,
tdbStatus_1.tdbStatus
FROM qSL LEFT JOIN qTL ON qSL.tdbTerm.tdbConceptID =
qTL.tdbTerm_1.tdbConceptID
ORDER BY tdbTerm.tdbSort;

I get this error:

Error: 3146

ODBC: Call failed

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The column
prefix 'tdbConcept_1' does not match with a table name or
alias name used in the query. (#107)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The column
prefix 'tdbConcept_1' does not match with a table name or
alias name used in the query. (#107)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The column
prefix 'dclField_1' does not match with a table name or
alias name used in the query. (#107)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The column
prefix 'tdbStatus_1' does not match with a table name or
alias name used in the query. (#107)

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Torben Dahl Jensen

2. Howdo you set/update mdb field caption and description via ADO?

3. ODBC -- Call Failed Error 3146

4. Query tuning

5. Actual ODBC error codes rather than 3146 -- ODBC Call failed

6. VB & IBM-IMS

7. Error 3146: ODBC-call failed with ODBC-direct

8. Question on application with database support .

9. Error 3146 ODBC call failed

10. Error 3146 - ODBC Call Failed

11. Run-time error 3146, ODBC-call failed, like to know more

12. error 3146, ODBC call failed

13. ODBC "3146 ODBC call failed"