Microfocus COBOL using SQL Server 7.0

Post by Lou de Freita » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I need to know if anyone is using a Microfocus COBOL product like Net
Express with embedded SQL that will interact with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0?
I called Microfocus and they indicated that this product should have no
problem interfacing with the SQL Server 7.0 database.  They also said that
SQL Server 7.0 will provide a pre-compile routine similar to that of Oracle
(Pro-Cobol).  Is this true?

Any info would be great!

Lou d.

Microfocus COBOL using SQL Server 7.0

Post by Neil Pik » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Lou,

 You can use ESQL, but it doesn't support any 7.0 features as it has been functionally stabilised because it uses db-lib.

Quote:> I need to know if anyone is using a Microfocus COBOL product like Net
> Express with embedded SQL that will interact with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0?
> I called Microfocus and they indicated that this product should have no
> problem interfacing with the SQL Server 7.0 database.  They also said that
> SQL Server 7.0 will provide a pre-compile routine similar to that of Oracle
> (Pro-Cobol).  Is this true?

 (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)
 For SQL FAQ entries see www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 and http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
 and GO MSSQL Lib 1 on Compuserve

1. OH-COLUMBUS-105676--COBOL (Microfocus)-ORACLE-SQL-DB2-PL/SQL-Microfocus/Cobol Programmer

=
Company    : Technology Resources Inc.
Website    : http://www.tech-resource.com
Job Title  : Microfocus/Cobol Programmer
Location   : COLUMBUS, OH
Job Type   : Full-Time Salaried
============================
Technology Resources is a Tennessee based staffing and consulting firm
providing contract and permanent placement opportunities nationwide. We are
seeking individuals with the following skills and experience.

Job Description: Microfocus COBOL, Relational database (Oracle or DB2), SQL,
PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Microfocus Dialog System, GUI Details: Current need for a
Microfocus COBOL Programmer. All applicants must be currently authorized to
work in the United States on a full-time basis Required Skills: MicroFocus
Cobol, Oracle, SQL, DB2, PL SQL

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
=
Required Skills
* COBOL (Microfocus)
* ORACLE
* SQL
* DB2
* PL/SQL
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : 30734SJ

Fax No: 615-893-3946

** Post jobs for 30 days for $100, up to 250 postings $350/month
** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** Career City    *** ClassifiedsWarehouse

2. Weird CancelUpdate problem

3. ??

4. Error -922

5. Microfocus cobol and sql server 7.0

6. NYC-Informix DBA needed

7. Reading Microfocus COBOL isam files under SCO UNIX using C-ISAM Data-Server

8. Experience in using SQL in Microfocus COBOL.

9. SQL Server with COBOL Microfocus

10. Conencting to SQl server from Microfocus COBOL

11. 16558-IN-Rushville-FOCUS-COBOL-UNIX-ORACLE-Micro-MicroFocus Cobol Development