does set xact_abort off sometimes hang server?

does set xact_abort off sometimes hang server?

Post by Robert Pari » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 04:22:42

we're using set xact_abort off on a few procs and i think we end up getting
some hangs as a result. Is it deadlocking maybe?
anyone know?

does set xact_abort off sometimes hang server?

Post by FR » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 15:01:30

dont have any open transactions.

Use this for testing in your stored proc..

BEGIN
   PRINT 'A transaction needs to be rolled back'
   ROLLBACK TRAN
END

Quote:> we're using set xact_abort off on a few procs and i think we end up
getting
> some hangs as a result. Is it deadlocking maybe?
> anyone know?

1. Session sometimes hangs when doing select in stored procedure

A stored package procedure executes a SELECT, a join of a local table
and a local view. The local view is based on tables in a remote
database through a db-link. The "remote" database is running on the
same physical server as the "local" database. Several other packages
and queries are executing successfully all the time against the remote
database.

The stored procedure seems to work around 75% of the time. The rest of
the time, however, the session just hangs indefinitely. It also locks
the package that was running. The session cannot be killed with ALTER
SYSTEM KILL SESSION, and the database must be restarted to remove it
and release the lock on the package.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? This is very frustrating
since the session hangs with no error message or indication of what
has gone wrong. I can even run the stored procedure or query on its
own (outside of the package) without the session locking up.

I'm using Oracle 7.3.4

2. Need references...

3. Help Help Why XACT_ABORT Always set OFF on 7.0

4. Q. Creating One to Many Forms in VC++

5. Help Help Why XACT_ABORT Always set OFF

6. Different query results on network

7. Help Help Why XACT_ABORT always set OFF

8. System Hangs Up When Retreiving Large Tables. Happend Only after Upgrading to Windows 95...Posted this message couple of days ago..but can not see it listed...Apology for re-posting

9. Help Help XACT_ABORT Always set OFF

10. Help Help Why XACT_ABORT Alway set OFF

11. SET ANSI ON OFF - How to set EXACT OFF on views or remote data

12. Major problem with DELETE in SQL 2000 - server sometimes hangs

13. Result from stored proc. w/ xact_abort off