Unable to start Sql Mail Service

Post by Murugave » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 20:20:18

Hi Buddy,

I am not able to send any mail from sqlserver. I checked it up the reason
finaly i got the sqlmail service is not running.
Can anyone tell me some solution for that. Awiaiting your reply.

with regards
vel

Unable to start Sql Mail Service

Post by Nick Hal » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 20:42:05

Could you tell us what steps you took?
Have you set up a mail profile on the SQL Server logged in as the domain
user which starts the MSSQLServer service?
What happens if you run xp_startmail?

--
Nick Hall
Senior Database Administrator

Collect your free 10 voucher from the URL above.

Quote:> Hi Buddy,

> I am not able to send any mail from sqlserver. I checked it up the reason
> finaly i got the sqlmail service is not running.
> Can anyone tell me some solution for that. Awiaiting your reply.

> with regards
> vel

Unable to start Sql Mail Service

Post by Murugavel Thiruvengada » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 13:51:25

i didn't do anything i just started the server it showing error unable to start sqlmail services. How to seup mail profile in sqlserver. plz mail be back. Awaiting your reply.

with regards
vel

Unable to start Sql Mail Service

Post by Nick Hal » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:59:06

Ok, here are some quick pointers, trying to keep things simple.

Firstly, set your MSSQLServer service to start up under a domain account
with suitable permissions (start as service etc). For example your user is
MYDOMAIN\MyUser.
Then log into the machine as MYDOMAIN\MyUser and log onto the domain. Set up
a mail profile (such as MS Outlook) amd go into your email and make sure you
can send and receive mail as MYDOMAIN\MyUser.
Then set up SQLMail through enterprise manager. When you get the properties
box for SQL Mail locate the mail profile you set up though outlook. SQL will
look for all mail profiles it can use, whilst logged on as MYDOMAIN\MyUser.
Select the profile and test it. This should be pretty much all you have to
do.

--
Nick Hall
Senior Database Administrator
www.figleaves.com/nick

Collect your free voucher for 10 off designer underwear by clicking  the
URL above.

Quote:> i didn't do anything i just started the server it showing error unable to

start sqlmail services. How to seup mail profile in sqlserver. plz mail be
back. Awaiting your reply.
Quote:

> with regards
> vel

1. PLEASE HELP: unable to start the sqlserver mail service

Each time I try to start the mail service (either with xp_startmail and
enterprise manager), I receive the following error:

Error 17952: Failed to start SQL Mail Session.  Check the errorlog file in
the SQL Server directory for details.

The log is not very instructive as it only says the system was unable to
start the service.

The service is maped to a valid network account, which have proper rights to
manage mail operation (domain admin + user machine).

Please help!!!

Thanks,

eric

2. FoxFAQ Pt 4 Tips etc

3. Unable to start service after Service Pack 2

4. Oracle 816 unload for loadinto oracle 804 db?

5. SQL V7 - SQL Mail Service - hangs when trying to start it

6. Anonymous postings (was: Direction of CA-Ingres?)

7. Unable to start mail session in SQL Server 7

8. SE5.0 and DSA 7.3 in same 4gl prpgram ?

9. Unable to start SQL Executive Service

10. SQL Mail test fails with MAPILogonEx error, SQL Mail starts only when Outlook open

11. SQL Mail - Failed to start SQL Mail session

12. Unable to start mail session ???

13. Unable to start service when configuring server ...