Problems to connect to SQL Server with Query Analyzer

Problems to connect to SQL Server with Query Analyzer

Post by Lou » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:55:04

I bought the book MS SQL Server 7.0 Database Implementation Training for "IT
Professional."  I loaded the CD-Rom on my hard drive but am unable to do the
query exercise on page 35, chapter 2.  The 'connect to SQL Server' box comes
up and I don't know what is suppose to be in the SQL Server dialogue box,
and should I try to connect using Windows NT authentication or use SQL Serve
authentication?  And lastly, how do I figured out what the login name and
password are?

Any help would be great appreciated!

Lou

Problems to connect to SQL Server with Query Analyzer

Post by Yemisi Araoy » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:31:10

Hi,
I am using this particular book to learn, and it seems as if u are missing
some points here. You are supposed to have a particular
authorization/authentication mode, which u shld have decided before even
attempting the exercises, or even when installing SQL server. Then, when the
connect to sql server dialogue box comes up, you shld select from the drop
down box the SQL Server name u are running the query against, case u have
many, or search for servers running SQL. If u are using the Windows NT
Authentication, u do not need the SQL Server Authentication, and therefore
no need for knowing the password and login name. Pls try to go over some
things in Books Online concerning authorization and authentication. Hope
this helps.

Yemisi

Quote:> I bought the book MS SQL Server 7.0 Database Implementation Training for