Performance Monitor Problem (7.0)

Post by Fredrik Thunve » Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone had any problems with the SQL Server Performance Monitor
counters? The installation seems to fail when adding the counters
(C:\WINNT\lodctr.exe C:\MSSQL7\Binn\sqlctr.ini), and no SQL Server counters
are available in PerfMon. This occurs both on US English NT Server 4.0 SP4
and on Swedish NT Workstation 4.0 SP4. The machines has had Beta 3
installed, but we did a thorough uninstall before installing the release
version, scrubbing the registry etc.

Regards,

Performance Monitor Problem (7.0)

Post by Fredrik Thunve » Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone had any problems with the SQL Server Performance Monitor
counters? The installation seems to fail when adding the counters
(C:\WINNT\lodctr.exe C:\MSSQL7\Binn\sqlctr.ini), and no SQL Server counters
are available in PerfMon. This occurs both on US English NT Server 4.0 SP4
and on Swedish NT Workstation 4.0 SP4. The machines has had Beta 3
installed, but we did a thorough uninstall before installing the release
version, scrubbing the registry etc.

Regards,

1. Missing Performance Monitor counters post migration from 6.5 to 7.0

We migrated from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0 (sp2) over a week ago, and I have just
noticed that the performance monitor counters and objects for SQL server are
missing.  They are not available locally on the server nor remotely from an
NT workstation.

I have not yet had chance to uninstall the 6.5 that was on the box. Mainly
because we wanted to make sure the server was working fully under 7.0.  We
did an in-place migration from 6.5 to 7.0, and encounters no errors at any
point (well barring, a missing index on a MS table in master.)

I remember from a long time back that someone (Tibor? or Kalen? maybe)
posted an article on perfmon counters and a loadctrs command, but I have
been unable to track down the post or anything on loadctrs (if that is what
was called!)

Anyone have any suggestions?  Is it purely a problem that I have 6.5 still
on the same box?

TIA

Simon

2. Is there a Tool which suggests indexes to create for a particular query

3. Performance Monitor 6.5 and 7.0

4. Specifying an offset when using the TOP operator?

5. Using Performance Monitor for SQL Server 7.0

6. Impact of changing SA password on DTS packages and scheduled tasks

7. Monitor SQL Server Memory Usage Using NT Performance Monitor

8. DDS1 tape on DDS3 drive under D3 Linux

9. Problem with Performance Monitor and SQL Server in NT 4.0

10. Performance-Monitor problem!!!

11. Can not see SQL performance counters in Performance Monitor

12. error 625 in SQL Server 6.5 and performance monitor problems

13. Performance Monitor Problem.