Unable to connect to SQL Server has SA

Post by Srinivas Gudal » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hai Everybody,
    I have a very big problem before me, I am working on Microsoft SQL
Server 6.5, We have started the server with the command "sqlservr -f"
command at the command prompt, so the server is starting with minimum
configuration. When I click on the server in Enterprise Manager, it gives me
an error message saying that the maximum number of connections 5 are already
connected and only SA can change the configuration.    When I try to login
has SA it gives me the same error message.
     How can I change the configuration of the Server.
Thanks in Advance,
Srinu Gudala.

Unable to connect to SQL Server has SA

Post by Rick Sawtel » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Srinivas,

When you start SQL Server with the -f parameter, you are pretty much left
with command line only.
From the command line though you could do the following:

isql /Usa /P<password> /S<servername>

1> EXEC sp_configure xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2> Go

Use the sp_configure with the appropriate arguments to change whatever
configurations you need to.

--
Rick Sawtell MCP, MCT, MCSD

10 Million Lemmings Can't Be Wrong

>Hai Everybody,
>    I have a very big problem before me, I am working on Microsoft SQL
>Server 6.5, We have started the server with the command "sqlservr -f"
>command at the command prompt, so the server is starting with minimum
>configuration. When I click on the server in Enterprise Manager, it gives
me
>an error message saying that the maximum number of connections 5 are
already
>connected and only SA can change the configuration.    When I try to login
>has SA it gives me the same error message.
>     How can I change the configuration of the Server.
>Thanks in Advance,
>Srinu Gudala.

Unable to connect to SQL Server has SA

Post by Terry L » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

EM manger will take up more connection

try login as SA using ISQL/w or ISQL
check out the BOL with how to use the sp_configure

regards

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:38:58 +0300, "Srinivas Gudala"

>Hai Everybody,
>    I have a very big problem before me, I am working on Microsoft SQL
>Server 6.5, We have started the server with the command "sqlservr -f"
>command at the command prompt, so the server is starting with minimum
>configuration. When I click on the server in Enterprise Manager, it gives me
>an error message saying that the maximum number of connections 5 are already
>connected and only SA can change the configuration.    When I try to login
>has SA it gives me the same error message.
>     How can I change the configuration of the Server.
>Thanks in Advance,
>Srinu Gudala.

?????? \\|||//
?????? (o) (o)
===.oOO==( )==OOo.================
        Terry Lei???????????????????????????

http://www.singnet.com.sg/~terrylei?
?? .oooO??   Oooo.??
====(? )=====(? )===============
???? \ (???? ) /
????? \_)?? (_/ ????????? ??????????????????????????????????

1. Having trouble connecting my SQL Server to an Oracle Server

Hello, I'm trying to setup a dts package to recieve
updated from tables in an oracle database.  I keep getting
the following error message when i select my data source
and type in my credentials for the oracle server from the
dts package wizard:

Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
Error Description: [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager]
Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed Context: Error during
initialization of the provider.

I am running SQL Server 7.0 with SP4, and have already
loaded MDAC 2.7.  I have Oracle 8i loaded, and I have
tested my connection to the Oracle server, and it succeeds
there.  But it wont connect for me in the dts package
wizard.  I have tried this same process on a different
machine, and the connection succeeds in the dts package
wizard.  So there is something incorrect on my server.  My
driver versions are:

Oracle v8.01.07.00 sqora32.dll 5/11/2000
Microsoft ODBC for Oracle v2.573.9001.00 msorcl32.dll
2/19/02
SQL Server v2000.81.9001.00 sqlsrv32.dll 2/19/02.

I already have a system dsn setup with the attributes to
the oracle server in the odbc data sources section in the
control panel.  This is a Windows NT Server 4.0 SP6a
machine.  Does anyone have any suggestions that I have
missed?  Thanks.

2. OLE Data field - Header Information

3. Having problems connecting my SQL Server to an Oracle Server

4. RECORDSET AND SPL

5. ?? unable to access SQL Server w/ sa account unless user is Administrator on local machine

6. PowerBuilder/Sybase Developer - Permanent - CAN/Toronto

7. Unable to connect with other than sa via osql

8. Problem with events...

9. Users having problems connecting to my SQL Server

10. having problem connecting to sql server 7 via web

11. Having problem to connect to sql server desktop edition

12. Users having problems connecting to my SQL Server