T-SQL Command Equivalent for Format

Post by Irelan » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 17:41:28

Is there a command equivalent or a method that perofrms the same operation
or similar method to Access/VB's Format Command? Format allows you to format
stuff, but in particular you can feed it a date like 1/11/2001 and ask it to
return 1 November 2001?

--
eScape Systems - developing Outlook Software
 http://www.escapesys.com

Visit our new DOT NET ZONE for all that's hot!
<http://www.vbug.co.uk>

T-SQL Command Equivalent for Format

Post by Homa » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 17:49:09

Look up CONVERT in the online docs.

Quote:> Is there a command equivalent or a method that perofrms the same operation
> or similar method to Access/VB's Format Command? Format allows you to
format
> stuff, but in particular you can feed it a date like 1/11/2001 and ask it
> return 1 November 2001?

> --
> eScape Systems - developing Outlook Software
>  http://www.escapesys.com

> Visit our new DOT NET ZONE for all that's hot!
> <http://www.vbug.co.uk>

T-SQL Command Equivalent for Format

Post by Dejan Sark » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 17:50:37

Dave,

take a look at the Cast and Convert commands.

--
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
FAQ from Neil & others at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

Quote:> Is there a command equivalent or a method that perofrms the same operation
> or similar method to Access/VB's Format Command? Format allows you to
format
> stuff, but in particular you can feed it a date like 1/11/2001 and ask it
> return 1 November 2001?

> --
> eScape Systems - developing Outlook Software
>  http://www.escapesys.com

> Visit our new DOT NET ZONE for all that's hot!
> <http://www.vbug.co.uk>

1. IIF/Format equivalent in TSQL

Hi

I have a client application that is currently connecting
to MSAccess via ODBC. It uses the IIF and Format function
in SQL-Statements. I want to migrate to SQL-Server. What
equivalent functions do I have in T-SQL?

thanks

2. DataBase mark "suspect"

3. tool for format TSQL code in MS SQL Server

4. Step Object - DTS SQL Server 7.0

5. spr to scx

6. sql profiler thru TSQL commands

7. TSQL equivalent of IIF function

8. Looking for equivalent MS SQL for MySQL ...... Command

9. T-SQL equivalent to VB Format function ????

10. Oracle select command equivalent in Sql server help

11. VB Format equivalent in SQL?