High CPU Util and Memory Util

Post by Mitch Wittnebe » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have installed the developer's edition of SQL 6.5 on NT 4.0 workstation.
All went fine until now. I start the SQL Server process and my CPU

stops. I was originally able to log in and create a device and database and
tables, but since then I get Login Failed using ISQL or SQL Ent. Manager.
Any thoughts? I do have SP4 applied.

mitch

1. CPU % Util spikes during single insert

I'm experiencing a problem with an application where selects and inserts
work fine on all tables except one.

Inserting to a similar table is instant, but inserting a single record
to the problem table causes CPU %Util to spike from 0% to 100%; Mem %
Util jumps from 0% to 7.4%; and it takes 4+ minutes to complete the
insert!

The table structure is:

NUMBER
VARCHAR2(8)
VARCHAR2(32)
VARCHAR2(32)
VARCHAR2(32)
DATE
VARCHAR2(128)
VARCHAR2(128)
VARCHAR2(128)
VARCHAR2(64)
VARCHAR2(2)
VARCHAR2(9)
VARCHAR2(64)
VARCHAR2(64)
VARCHAR2(24)
VARCHAR2(24)
VARCHAR2(128)
VARCHAR2(1)
VARCHAR2(1024)
VARCHAR2(1024)

There are <10,000 records in the table.

Inserting into a table with an even larger structure is instant.
Inserting into tables with 250,000+ records is instant.

Any hints on what the problem might be?

--

Sean McMurray

2. RecordSet Can't move back !!!

3. [SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error opening/loading com.microsoft.util.transliteration

4. How to use Ms-Access in Delphi ????

5. MSSQL7.0 replmerg util problem

6. Permissions in PgSQL 7.2.1

7. stand alone sql 7 client configuration util install

8. semantics of SQL

9. Help: [SQLSever 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error opening/loading com.microsoft.util.tr

10. remote back up util question

11. Error opening/loading com.microsoft.util.transliteration.properties

12. com/microsoft/util class UtilDummyPrintWriter?

13. java.util.NoSuchElementException