MS Access 97 SQL to MS SQL SQL SQL SQL

Post by Oli » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 04:24:38

Does anyone know of a good utility to convert simple MS Access 97 (SQL view)
queries to ones usable on an MS SQL server. I believe there are symbol
differences and stuff. If there isn't a utility could someone point me in
the right direction of a good explanation of the differences.

Thanks,

Oli T.

MS Access 97 SQL to MS SQL SQL SQL SQL

Post by Oli » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 04:57:49

Whoops, perhaps should have put "newbie" in front of that subject!

Quote:> Does anyone know of a good utility to convert simple MS Access 97 (SQL
view)
> queries to ones usable on an MS SQL server. I believe there are symbol
> differences and stuff. If there isn't a utility could someone point me in
> the right direction of a good explanation of the differences.

> Thanks,

> Oli T.

MS Access 97 SQL to MS SQL SQL SQL SQL

Post by Adam Coga » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:24:13

The Access 2000 Upsizing Wizard converts queries to stored procs and views
(skips the complicated ones ie. Union, Crosstab)

Adam

Check out these HOT UTILITIES FOR ACCESS AND VB DEVELOPERS....
www.ssw.com.au
* SSW Data PRO  - Version Control for your data.mdb
* SSW Data Renovator  - Compare the differences between two data.mdb's
* SSW Upsize PRO! - Don't UPSIZE to SQL Server without it

Quote:> Does anyone know of a good utility to convert simple MS Access 97 (SQL
view)
> queries to ones usable on an MS SQL server. I believe there are symbol
> differences and stuff. If there isn't a utility could someone point me in
> the right direction of a good explanation of the differences.

> Thanks,

> Oli T.

1. MS-Access 97 to SQL Server to MS-Access 97

Hi this is a thread from another news group that has not been
answered. Any ideas anyone?

Thank You, Thank You...you hit it right on the money. It seems SQL
import/export converted all my MS-Access memo fields to the SQL ntext
data type. Does SQL Server have a comparable memo field type? If not
how do people get around the memo field requirement? Create text field
large enough for the average requirement?

Thanks Again

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:40:30 +0400, Alexey Dolganov

2. Q: reverse engineer "insert" statement?

3. "Only text pointers are allowed..."

4. How to migrate from MS Access 97 to MS SQL server 6.5

5. failed to extend rollback segment

6. Upsizing MS Access 97 to MS SQL Server

7. Objects and Synonym

8. Calling MS ACCESS 97 Cross-Tab Query from MS SQL 6.5

9. Linking MS SQL 7 or MS Access 97

10. Connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5 via MS Access 97 and ODBC

11. Connecting to Sql Server from asp after upgrade from ms sql 7 to ms sql 2000