Another stupid question

Post by Scott Cruikshan » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

I installed the dll the other day and the url queries work great.  But
according to the documentation, the "for xml" clause should work in sql (I
assume isql, stored procs, etc.).  I doesn't on my system, which is sql
server 7, sp 2.  Is the "for xml" a sql server 2000 feature only?

Thanks!

Another stupid question

Post by msp » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

The "For XML" clause is to be used when you call the procedure from the URL
or an XML template. You are not supposed to put this clause within the
stored procedure. SQL server should never see it. It is simply a way for IIS
to know to use the SQLXML dll.

Quote:> I installed the dll the other day and the url queries work great.  But