Copying text fields from one table to another

Copying text fields from one table to another

Post by Jim Horsc » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Look at updatetext int the BOL.  This will handle it for you.  Hopefully you
have SP4 installed since updatetext is pretty unstable in SP3 and below.

1. Copy a Text datatype field from one table to another

I'm not into SQL so deep that I fully understand pointers, BLOBs and
curors yet but I know there has to be an easy solution to what I'm
trying to do.

I'm using SQL 7.0

Our company can't use MDAC 2.1, this prevents me from using the 8k
varchar datatype with ADO (Right?). I'm using the Text Blob datatype
like in the days of SQL 6.5.

Table A and table B are identical. Table A and B have a column that is
a TEXT datatype. I want to copy the data from table A's text column to
table B's text type column?

Can this really be so hard? what am I missing.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Improving performance of view

3. How to copy text fields from one table to another?

4. 'addnew' function?

5. how to copy TEXT fields from one table to another ????????????

6. Running Approach on Unix based NFS???

7. Help: copy memo field from one table to another field

8. Crystal Reports

9. Help Help Need to copy a field from one table into another table

10. insert data from one field in one table to another field in another table

11. Copy text field from one row to another???

12. SQL Query problem concat text field from mulitple rows into one text field

13. Copying tables from one SQl database to another changes varchar to text