Problems with SP3

Problems with SP3

Post by Andrei Egoro » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:43:37



Hello All!

I have a problem after installing SP3 on both server and workstation. On the
server (W2K Adv.) everything works fine. But on the workstation (WXP) some
controls are missing. I can connect to the server, view the cubes,
dimensions, but can't edit them. Edit menu of cube do nothing. Clicking data
tab showing message:

"Object doesn't support this property or method"

Edit menu of dimension pops up the message box:

"Failed to load control 'PropertyPanel' from . Your version of may be
outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was
provided with your application.
This menu item is unavailable at this time."

What dll's contains PropertyPanel and cube editor controls?

Thanks
Andrei

 
 
 

Problems with SP3

Post by Matt Carroll [MS » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 02:48:47


It sounds like something in your install was corrupted.  msmdgn80.dll
contains the contains the PropertyPanel and cube editor.  The data tab is
trying to use the cube browser which is msmdcb.ocx.  You can check the
versions of these files and try regestering these to files with regsvr32 and
that might help.  Re-install may also help.

- Matt Carroll
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


Quote:> Hello All!

> I have a problem after installing SP3 on both server and workstation. On
the
> server (W2K Adv.) everything works fine. But on the workstation (WXP) some
> controls are missing. I can connect to the server, view the cubes,
> dimensions, but can't edit them. Edit menu of cube do nothing. Clicking
data
> tab showing message:

> "Object doesn't support this property or method"

> Edit menu of dimension pops up the message box:

> "Failed to load control 'PropertyPanel' from . Your version of may be
> outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was
> provided with your application.
> This menu item is unavailable at this time."

> What dll's contains PropertyPanel and cube editor controls?

> Thanks
> Andrei


 
 
 

Problems with SP3

Post by Andrei Egoro » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 21:53:18


There is no file msmdgn80.dll neither in server nor in my computer.
Cube browser I registered, but it doesn't help too much...

Andrei



> It sounds like something in your install was corrupted.  msmdgn80.dll
> contains the contains the PropertyPanel and cube editor.  The data tab is
> trying to use the cube browser which is msmdcb.ocx.  You can check the
> versions of these files and try regestering these to files with regsvr32
and
> that might help.  Re-install may also help.

> - Matt Carroll
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.



> > Hello All!

> > I have a problem after installing SP3 on both server and workstation. On
> the
> > server (W2K Adv.) everything works fine. But on the workstation (WXP)
some
> > controls are missing. I can connect to the server, view the cubes,
> > dimensions, but can't edit them. Edit menu of cube do nothing. Clicking
> data
> > tab showing message:

> > "Object doesn't support this property or method"

> > Edit menu of dimension pops up the message box:

> > "Failed to load control 'PropertyPanel' from . Your version of may be
> > outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was
> > provided with your application.
> > This menu item is unavailable at this time."

> > What dll's contains PropertyPanel and cube editor controls?

> > Thanks
> > Andrei

 
 
 

Problems with SP3

Post by Matt Carroll [MS » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 02:16:12


My mistake.  It's msmdsgn80.dll and it should be located in \Program
Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\bin.

- Matt Carroll
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


> There is no file msmdgn80.dll neither in server nor in my computer.
> Cube browser I registered, but it doesn't help too much...

> Andrei



> > It sounds like something in your install was corrupted.  msmdgn80.dll
> > contains the contains the PropertyPanel and cube editor.  The data tab
is
> > trying to use the cube browser which is msmdcb.ocx.  You can check the
> > versions of these files and try regestering these to files with regsvr32
> and
> > that might help.  Re-install may also help.

> > - Matt Carroll
> > --
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.



> > > Hello All!

> > > I have a problem after installing SP3 on both server and workstation.
On
> > the
> > > server (W2K Adv.) everything works fine. But on the workstation (WXP)
> some
> > > controls are missing. I can connect to the server, view the cubes,
> > > dimensions, but can't edit them. Edit menu of cube do nothing.
Clicking
> > data
> > > tab showing message:

> > > "Object doesn't support this property or method"

> > > Edit menu of dimension pops up the message box:

> > > "Failed to load control 'PropertyPanel' from . Your version of may be
> > > outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was
> > > provided with your application.
> > > This menu item is unavailable at this time."

> > > What dll's contains PropertyPanel and cube editor controls?

> > > Thanks
> > > Andrei

 
 
 

1. SQL7 error 618 & problem installing SP3

Hello,

We have an SQL 7.0 Cluster in an Active/Active
configuration with SP2 installed on Win2K with SP2.
We started getting this error which say that "A varno of
666 was passed to the opentable system", and looking in
microsoft, the solution is to install SP3.
But when trying to install SP3, the master cluster is not
recognized as a cluster at all and therefore can't be
treated as one.
can you please help, even another workaround to solve the
error will be great.

Thanks in advance.
Sagiv Naor
DBA

2. Oracle Sertification

3. Problems installing SP3 on a clustered SQL 7

4. Local Instance name retrieval

5. Connection problems after SP3

6. Florida Senior DBA

7. Problems installing sp3 OLAP Services SQL Server 7

8. Identity Insert -- (Celko's Revenge)

9. Stored Proc problem after sp3

10. Any problems with SP3 and 6.5 legacy operations?

11. Problem after SP3

12. Problem with SP3 for SQL Server 6.5 (correction)

13. Problem with SP3 for SQL Server 6.5