Merge Replication with ftp fails after adding A New Merge Article

Merge Replication with ftp fails after adding A New Merge Article

Post by Brad Dittme » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:23:56

I have created a Merge replication between 2 SQL 2000 servers.  The one
server is configured to do a Pull (non anonymous) and the snapshot is being
downloaded over ftp.

If I add a table to the replication, I get a message indicating that I must
generate a new snapshot before changes from any subscriber can be merged.
It also indicated that only the snapshot of the new article will be used to
sync existing subscriptions.

I create the new snapshot, but when the server synchronized, I get an error
like this:

The schema script '\\<server name>\D$\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\ReplData\ftp\<server name>_EM2_EM2 Proxy
Replication\20020125092210\A Test 9_257.sch' could not be propagated to the
subscriber.

It seems odd that it is trying to access it from the server share even
though this subscription is configured to use ftp.  Also note, that is not
even the location of the ftp configured in the publication.

I end up having to reinitialize the client, the synchronize to get the
changes.  This is not really acceptable over slow network links.

Is there any way to just get the snaphot of the new article to sync. as is
indicated when I make the change?

1. problem while adding new article to merge replication

In a merge replication environment, we added a new article (the WardScreeningType table) to the publication, with the sp_addmergearticle system stored procedure.
After that, we made the initial snapshot at the publisher. After the first synchronization, the WardScreeningType table was created at the subscriber.
After that we add rows to the table at the Publisher. The synchronization process gave us the following errors:

Category:NULL
Source:  Merge Replication Provider
Number:  -2147201016
Message: The merge process could not retrieve column information for table 'dbo.WardScreeningType'.

Category:COMMAND
Source:  Failed Command
Number:  0
Message: {call sp_MSenumcolumns (?,?)}

Category:SQLSERVER
Source:  SERVER_KAPAS
Number:  2812
Message: Could not find stored procedure 'sp_sel_00FDBB1A3562482E1119508A0A4642FB'.

Category:NULL
Source:  Merge Replication Provider
Number:  -2147200999
Message: The process was successfully stopped.

The merge process could not retrieve column information for table 'dbo.WardScreeningType'.  The step failed.

The sp_sel_00FDBB1A3562482E1119508A0A4642FB stored procedure is really missing from the subscriber, and it is present at the publisher.

What can we do, to make replication working?

2. ODBC - Isolation Level

3. Merge replication adding articles

4. Object Technology Reuse Survey

5. Add Article on Merge Replication

6. Case sensitivity

7. Synchronise using FTP for Snapshot Location Fails - Merge Replication

8. DB2

9. Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

10. Timeout adding new Merge Replication

11. Replication fails over a VPN (Merge Replication)

12. sp3 merge error: Failed to enumerate changes in the filtered articles fix - Thanks Microsoft

13. Merge: Failed to enumerate changes in the filtered articles