Getting Started with SQL Server

Post by Alba » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:43:38

I have taken over support of an ISP hosted website running
a SQL Server 7 database. I need suitable client tools to
maintain the database and have been advised to install SQL
server 7.0 Client Utilities and use SQL Enterprise Manager
to access it. I can't find these as specific products at
Microsoft so how do I get them? Or are there other
alternatives? I am running W98 but about to upgrade to
W2000 Pro.
Any help in getting me started will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Alban

Post by Alvaro Gonzale » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:47:27

> I have taken over support of an ISP hosted website running
> a SQL Server 7 database. I need suitable client tools to
> maintain the database and have been advised to install SQL
> server 7.0 Client Utilities and use SQL Enterprise Manager
> to access it. I can't find these as specific products at
> Microsoft so how do I get them? Or are there other
> alternatives? I am running W98 but about to upgrade to
> W2000 Pro.

I don't believe they exist as separate products. However, you can find SQL
Server 2000 Evaluation Version at Microsoft's site. It's a 120 days
trial--quite a heavy download (over 300MB) but worth it.

You can also connect to your database with Access 2000. Just create a
"project". It's like a shortcut you can use to create and edit both tables
and data.

1. Getting started with SQL Server

I have MS-Visual BASIC 5 Enterprise. I am competent programmer, but do not
know or have the time to learn how to get started using SQL Server in a
client-server environment.

Where do I start?

Has anybody any sample code which I may use? I do not need anything
complicated as I will be able to work out the rest once I have the code and
concepts on how it all works in my mind.

2. Java Bug: access to private fields or methods

3. Getting Started with SQL Server 6.5

4. What Happend to Grant All? (Permissions, Select, Insert, etc..)

5. Need help getting started with SQL Server

6. Delphi client/server vs. PdoxWin pricing

7. Urgent -- Getting Started With SQL Server

8. problems reading from a column of datatype 'text'

9. Getting Started With SQL-Server

10. Getting started with SQL Server. PLEASE HELP!

11. newbie : Getting SQL Server Agent to start!!

12. Getting Started SQL Server

13. HELP - getting started COM access to SQL server