Bulk Insert / Bulk copy

Post by Rajeev » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:14:06

Can we bulk copy or bulk insert character columns from
text file having datalength morethan 256.
I have tried it but it is importing upto 256 characters.

Bulk Insert / Bulk copy

Post by TLV » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:41:01

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Can we bulk copy or bulk insert character columns from
>text file having datalength morethan 256.
>I have tried it but it is importing upto 256 characters.
>.

Bulk insert can import more than 256 characters.
It could be the setting of the Query Analyzer
Check the setting
tools\options\result  under "Maximum characters per
column" .

Bulk Insert / Bulk copy

Post by Rajeev » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:15:57

Yes it was the setting of query analyser .
It is able to insert more than 256 .

thanks,
Rajeev R

Bulk Insert / Bulk copy

Post by Rajeev » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:23:50

yes it was the setting of query analyser.

Thanks,
Rajeev R

Quote:>-----Original Message-----