Copying table from one database to another.

Copying table from one database to another.

Post by Ian Wriggleswort » Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Could anyone tell me if the following is possible :-

I have a table in one database on SQL server 6.5. I want to copy this table
to another database on another server which is SQL 6. I only want to do
this once so don't want to setup replication or anything like that.

The copy objects program in enterprise manager won't let me select the SQL
6 server as the destination server. So what I really want to know is will I
have to use BCP and dump the data out, copy it across the network and load
it back in? Or is there a way of copying data between databases via ISQL?

Ian.

Copying table from one database to another.

Post by Neil Pik » Sun, 25 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Ian,

 Have you run the SQLOLE6x.SQL script against the 6.0 server?  If you
have and it still won't let you copy, then yes, you'll have to use bcp.

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE
 Protech Computing Ltd