Linked Server Error

Post by Vivek Sasikuma » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,
I am facing a problem with linked servers.
I have two servers running sql server I have created a linked server
definition on one of them and have mapped a login for the remote server.
This remote login has select permissions on a few tables. When I try to run
a 'select  ' on a particular  table on the linked server it gives me the
following error
'Server: Msg 7353, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' supplied inconsistent metadata. An extra column
was supplied during execution that was not found at compile time.'
Selects on all other tables with similar permissions work.
I have tried to delete the linked server definition and recreate it but
nothing seems to work.
Can somebody please tell me what the possible reason could be and how I
could remedy it?
Thanks in advance
Vivek

1. Error Accessing ODBC Linked Server - Error 7356

I am getting the following error when I access a linked server through a
simple SELECT statement....

Server: Msg 7356, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' supplied inconsistent metadata for a column.
Metadata information was changed at execution time.

I am using Microsoft "OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers" for my connection to
the server. The ODBC source is a HP3000/Image database.

I looked up the following error on the Microsoft support site but it does
not appear to be the problem I am experiencing since I am not using
views.....

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q255/0/97.ASP?LN=EN-...
n&FR=0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brian Johnson

2. Join problem

3. SQL server 7.0 linked server error

4. ?:Advice on cl-serv policy needed

5. SQL Server - Sybase linked server - Error 7399

6. Rename Column based on data in a column

7. Linked Server Error Message 7357 (SQL Server->MySQL)

8. inner join in a linked server error

9. Linked Server Error

10. linked Server error

11. Linked Server Error