Using Views

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 06 May 1997 04:00:00

Pat,

It can in 6.5

 Protech Computing Ltd (MS Solution Provider)
 Using Virtual Access 3.52 build 159c (32-bit) on NT 4.0 SP2

1. Using Views as basis for other views

I'm trying to use views in an app I'm developing.  Never used them before.
Making this my learning experience.  My questions is:  Should I create a
view for every table in the database, then use these views as the building
blocks of my more complicated views, or should I stick to using tables as
the underlying datasources for my complex views?  Is there any drawbacks to
using views as the datasource for other views?  Any "gotchas" to look out
for?

Thanks for any advice,
Bryan Palmer

2. SQL to Btrieve?????