How to tell if a given index exists on a table

How to tell if a given index exists on a table

Post by Jim Elde » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 04:49:50

How can I tell if a given index exists on a table, in SQL?

Thanks!
Jim

How to tell if a given index exists on a table

Post by DineshT » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 05:10:09

Hi Jim,

You can run  sp_helpindex <tablename>

HTH
Dinesh.

How to tell if a given index exists on a table

Post by Jim Elde » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 05:21:28

Dinesh,

I was hoping for something I could combine with a

WHERE EXISTS(SELECT indexname FROM SomeTableOrView)

Is there anywhere in the INFORMATION_SCHEMA that this is also kept?

Thanks!  (and thanks for the other answer too)

Jim

Quote:> Hi Jim,

> You can run  sp_helpindex <tablename>

> HTH
> Dinesh.

How to tell if a given index exists on a table

Post by DineshT » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 05:26:19

Hi Jim,

You can try with:

SELECT name FROM sysindexes

HTH
Dinesh.

How to tell if a given index exists on a table

Post by Jim Elde » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 05:41:19

That's exactly what I needed.  Thanks!

1. How do I tell if an existing informix table is a virtual table

I have recently returned to the world of databases in general and
informix in particular after a long abscence so apologies if this is
not worded well. I have a client site which is using the informix time
series datablade and creates their own tables deriving data from the
tables containing time seies columns and one of these derived tables
is causing us certain problems.

I would like to know if there is a quick and easy way to establish
whether one of these derived tables is a virtual table.

Thanks

2. General Database questions

3. How can I tell what clobs in a smart blob space belong to a given table

4. Creating a status screen in Foxpro2

5. How to tell isf a table exists

6. Removing grants

7. How to tell if table exists in database?

8. how to tell if table exists in database?

9. Tell if Table Exists in Code?

10. How to tell if my table exists

11. How do I tell if an existing informix table is a virtual

12. How do I tell if an existing informix table is a virtual tabl