Transaction Logs Filling up

Post by Yagtin » Mon, 12 May 2003 10:14:45

Sometimes my SQL Server is filling up logs, how can i automate the clearing
of logs, so that i can schedule it at night? What sPROC's or TSQL statement
can i use to accomplish this? Btw, am using an old version of SQL (6.5 to be
precise) .

Transaction Logs Filling up

Post by Dejan Sark » Sun, 11 May 2003 21:39:14

If I remember correctly, check the Dump statements in Books OnLine.

--
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
FAQ from Neil & others at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

Quote:> Sometimes my SQL Server is filling up logs, how can i automate the
clearing
> of logs, so that i can schedule it at night? What sPROC's or TSQL
statement
> can i use to accomplish this? Btw, am using an old version of SQL (6.5 to
be
> precise) .

1. transaction log filling up and transaction replication

Our transaction log is filling up on the server being replicated to
(subscriber). We tried to backup the db, but it never seems to reach a
checkpoint. I was able to truncate the log, but of course that hosed
replication. What is the strategy for preventing the log from filling up.
Right now we have the db and log set to grow.

Thoughts,
Geoffrey

2. GQL

3. transaction log fills every 30 days log file size is 500MB is this normal

4. sorry about blobs [1000.th]

5. Transaction Log Filling Up...HELP!!

6. RapidFile help needed

7. Help - Queries filling transaction log

8. Strange probleme

9. transaction log backup filling drive

10. Transaction log fills up

11. Transaction Log fills up too fast on ALTER COLUMN script

12. not filling up the transaction log