Simple query results in error.

Post by jm » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 00:47:55

Morning all,

I am using full-text search on our SQL Server 7 (sp4) for
the first time.  I installed the service, created a
catalog and index and populated the index.  All went
well.  The service is running, objects are enabled, and I
issued this query,

SELECT cust_notes
FROM notescustlog
WHERE CONTAINS (cust_notes, ' late ')

I get the following error:

Server: Msg 7607, Level 17, State 1, Line 1
Search on full-text catalog 'Cat 1' for database ID 8,
table ID 610101214 with search condition ' late ' failed
with unknown result (30dbf970).

The closest thing I can find on the KB is Q317486 but that
is for SQL 2000 and deals with very long CONTAINS clause.
I don't think that is my problem!

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Simple query results in error.

Post by John Kan » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 08:57:28

Good afternoon, JM,
This is a bug with SQL Server 7.0 and I've seen this resolved via either
applying or re-applying the latest Service Pack. Yes, you can re-apply SP4,
assuming that you do not have a post-SP4 hotfix. Note, the data in the
'unknown result' (30dbf970) is garbage data and is not significant nor
meaningful. Re-apply SP4 (be sure you're logged on as Admin or as a member
of the server's Admin group) and if that doesn't resolve this error, I'd
recommend opening a support case with Microsoft PSS SQL Server support.
Regards,
John

Quote:> Morning all,

> I am using full-text search on our SQL Server 7 (sp4) for
> the first time.  I installed the service, created a
> catalog and index and populated the index.  All went
> well.  The service is running, objects are enabled, and I
> issued this query,

> SELECT cust_notes
> FROM notescustlog
> WHERE CONTAINS (cust_notes, ' late ')

> I get the following error:

> Server: Msg 7607, Level 17, State 1, Line 1
> Search on full-text catalog 'Cat 1' for database ID 8,
> table ID 610101214 with search condition ' late ' failed
> with unknown result (30dbf970).

> The closest thing I can find on the KB is Q317486 but that
> is for SQL 2000 and deals with very long CONTAINS clause.
> I don't think that is my problem!

> Has anyone encountered this problem?

> Thanks for any help.

Simple query results in error.

Post by jm » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 23:14:09

Thanks John,
I did speak to Microsoft yesterday afternoon and they also
suggested reinstalling sp4-although they did not admit to
a bug. The kb only refers to the prob in SQL2000! I will
do so today.

Thanks again

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Good afternoon, JM,
>This is a bug with SQL Server 7.0 and I've seen this
resolved via either
>applying or re-applying the latest Service Pack. Yes, you
can re-apply SP4,
>assuming that you do not have a post-SP4 hotfix. Note,
the data in the
>'unknown result' (30dbf970) is garbage data and is not
significant nor
>meaningful. Re-apply SP4 (be sure you're logged on as

Admin or as a member
>of the server's Admin group) and if that doesn't resolve
this error, I'd
>recommend opening a support case with Microsoft PSS SQL
Server support.
>Regards,
>John

>> Morning all,

>> I am using full-text search on our SQL Server 7 (sp4)
for
>> the first time.  I installed the service, created a
>> catalog and index and populated the index.  All went
>> well.  The service is running, objects are enabled, and
>> issued this query,

>> SELECT cust_notes
>> FROM notescustlog
>> WHERE CONTAINS (cust_notes, ' late ')

>> I get the following error:

>> Server: Msg 7607, Level 17, State 1, Line 1
>> Search on full-text catalog 'Cat 1' for database ID 8,
>> table ID 610101214 with search condition ' late ' failed
>> with unknown result (30dbf970).

>> The closest thing I can find on the KB is Q317486 but
that
>> is for SQL 2000 and deals with very long CONTAINS
clause.
>> I don't think that is my problem!

>> Has anyone encountered this problem?

>> Thanks for any help.

>.

Simple query results in error.

Post by jm » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 00:25:35

I am up and running with full text!  Thanks again John.
> [...]

1. Simple math query results in scientific number?

Greetings,

I'm performing the following simple query:

ANSWER: :PRIV:ANSWER.DB
PACKSLIP.DB | PSI Number | Date   | Shipping | Handling | Material Total |
            | Check      | Check  | Check _d | Check _c | Check _b       |

PACKSLIP.DB | Invoice Total | Sales Tax (%)                             |
            | Check _a      | Check calc _a - _b - _c - _d as Sales Tax |

The resultant "Sales Tax" field ends up being something like:
($1.77635683940025e-15), while the field values are:

$67.50  -  $56.35  -  $0.00  -  $11.15 = $1.77635683940025e-15

The example element values are verified in whole pennies.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Tony

2. Using Replication...?

3. Simple XPath Query results in Index Scan

4. problem with backup

5. INSERT into partitioned table from a simple query gives wrong result

6. Help - Two Update Triggers on the Same Table

7. Delete trigger

8. ODBC error when trying to run simple select queries using analyser

9. type mismatch error running simple query

10. sql-server error-message on executing a SIMPLE query

11. Simple query errors

12. Index Tuning Wizard Throws SQL Error On Simple 2 table Query