Changing service account for the Cluster andSQL service account

Changing service account for the Cluster andSQL service account

Post by Ken » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:40:48

I have a number of SQL 2000 clusters running on Win 2K AS. Each cluster has
the same MSCS service account and SQL service account. I want to change this
so that each cluster has a different cluster service account and a different
SQL service account. Can this be done or are there any gotchas.

Thanks

Ken

Changing service account for the Cluster andSQL service account

Post by Raj Gil » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 00:53:25

Ken,
Take a look at this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q239885

rgill

Quote:> I have a number of SQL 2000 clusters running on Win 2K AS. Each cluster
has
> the same MSCS service account and SQL service account. I want to change
this
> so that each cluster has a different cluster service account and a
different
> SQL service account. Can this be done or are there any gotchas.

> Thanks

> Ken

Changing service account for the Cluster andSQL service account

Post by Bill Hollinshead [M » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 04:40:24

And see http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q269/2/29.asp

Thanks,

Bill Hollinshead
Microsoft, SQL Server

rights. Subscribe to MSDN & use http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups.

Changing service account for the Cluster andSQL service account

Post by Ken » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 05:42:43

Thanks this should do the trick

> Ken,
> Take a look at this article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q239885

> rgill

> > I have a number of SQL 2000 clusters running on Win 2K AS. Each cluster
> has
> > the same MSCS service account and SQL service account. I want to change
> this
> > so that each cluster has a different cluster service account and a
> different
> > SQL service account. Can this be done or are there any gotchas.

> > Thanks

> > Ken

1. Changing SQL Service Accounts after A/P Cluster up and running

After a SQL 2000 cluster has been set up, how difficult is it to change
account used to start the two primary SQL Server Services and set them to
start using a new, SQL-specific user account?  The two primary SQL Services
were set to start using the Cluster Service account and I want to change
this.  I imagine it's a pretty straightforward process, but I wanted to
double-check with the group first.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

-Lou

2. quick data eviron question

3. Clustered SQL Service Account change

4. Resource Book Source

5. Changing Service accounts on a cluster

6. Maintaining Full-Text Indexes

7. Local System Account or Domain Account For SQL Server Service

8. What ate the dogs?

9. confusion between local system account and this account in services log on as

10. Service Account vs. Local System Account

11. Service Account vs. System Account

12. SQL Cluster Setup Wizard can't logon SQL Service account