Sql 6.5 Restore db

Post by Microsoft Use Ne » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 23:21:58

Is there a way to automate restoring a database on Sql Server 6.5?

Sql 6.5 Restore db

Post by Bin Su » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:55:04

you can try to schedule a task in SQL Executive based on your automate
requirement.

--

^_^
Bin

Quote:> Is there a way to automate restoring a database on Sql Server 6.5?

Sql 6.5 Restore db

Post by Judy Shoo » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:44:52

What would the syntax of the scheduled job to restore a database on 6.5, do you know?  That's kind of what I was trying to get with my original question.

Thanx!

* Sent via Developersdex http://www.devdev.com *
The Web Developers Index

Sql 6.5 Restore db

Post by Microsoft Use Ne » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:19:32

I know how to schedule a task
What I am asking is whether a "RESTORE DATABASE" can be automated, what
would the syntax be to "RESTORE A DATABASE" unattended?

>you can try to schedule a task in SQL Executive based on your automate
>requirement.

>--

>^_^
>Bin

>> Is there a way to automate restoring a database on Sql Server 6.5?

1. SQL 6.5 DB Restoring vs SQL 7.0 DB Restoring

In MS SQL 6.5, when restoring a database to another server that had expanded
more than once, you had to execute the stored procedure
"sp_help_revdatabase" to ensure that the page sizes were the same.

However, in MS SQL 7.0, the stored procedure "sp_help_revdatabase" is only
included for backward compatibility.

Can I restore a MS SQL 7.0 DB from one server to another server even if the
file sizes of the databases do not match?

Thanks,
Michael

2. Oracle DBA Position

3. SQL 6.5 Restore DB 'single user' only allows Master change

4. Highlighting a range of cells in a crosstab column

5. Transfer/ Restore DB from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0

6. How can this be done?

7. sql 6.5 db dump - restore into sql 2000 Server

8. find out who makes the update in a trigger event

9. SQL 7.0 db restore with SQL 6.5 data

10. SQL 6.5 Master DB restore

11. DB dump from sql 6.5 and restore to 7.0

12. Sql 6.5 db restore

13. restore db sql server 6.5