transfer MS Access memo filed to MS SQL 7.0 problem

transfer MS Access memo filed to MS SQL 7.0 problem

Post by testscree » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I am transfering data from a MS Access table top a MS SQL 7.0
database. All gets there fine, but memo fields in MS Access that
are bigger than 255 characters do not make it and all I get into
the new SQL filed is something like <Long Text>.

I am using the SQL DTS wizard to import the data from MS Access.

I've looked all over the web for a solution with no luck. Any
suggestions?

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

transfer MS Access memo filed to MS SQL 7.0 problem

Post by bubad » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Umm...
Are you trying to view the text field from Enterprise Manager by opening the
table? If so, your data is probably there
it's just that if it's too long, it will show up as <Long Text>. Try using
Query Analyzer to select a sample data and display it.
Hope this helps.
BuBadr of Q8
All replies to group only please.

Quote:> I am transfering data from a MS Access table top a MS SQL 7.0
> database. All gets there fine, but memo fields in MS Access that
> are bigger than 255 characters do not make it and all I get into
> the new SQL filed is something like <Long Text>.

> I am using the SQL DTS wizard to import the data from MS Access.

> I've looked all over the web for a solution with no luck. Any
> suggestions?

1. strange ODBC problem with MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition, MS SQL 7.0

Hello Every one
i will appriciate if some one try to solve this problem
i have make a DSN name ABC and that is pointing to DB master the DSN
connection Test is Successfull while i try to open the connection in
Application i got this Log information
with sa user and password in ODBC settings.
SQLConnect, State=28000, Native Err= 4814, ODBC Err= [Microsoft][ODBC SQL
Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not
associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

with NT Authentication with ODBC settings
SQLConnect, State=28000, Native Err= 4818, ODBC Err= [Microsoft][ODBC SQL
Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS
LOGON'.

i am Running SQL 2000 Enter prise Edition SP 2, MS SQL 7.0 Windows 2000
Server with SP 2
the Client is Win98, WinXP pro, Windows2000 Server , Windows 2000 pro

a Quick Reply will be appriciated.

Regards.

2. Exchanging values in keyed field

3. MS-SQL 7.0 and MS-Access

4. IFX 4GL RDS can not work with IFX OnLine WGS 7.10 ?

5. Migration from MS Access 7.0 to MS SQL Server 6.5 - NEED HELP

6. US-CO-EAI PROJECT MANAGER - 016PROS

7. Using MS Access to create reports from a MS SQL 7.0 database

8. Progress data extractor?

9. MS SQL Server through MS Access 7.0

10. How to migrate from MS-ACCESS to MS-SQL server 6.5/7.0

11. Problem with MS Access Runtime 95 AFter Upgrade to SQL Server 2000 (from SQL 7.0)

12. CA-MILPITAS-111217--Management-MS Office-MS Word-MS Excel-MS ACCESS-ORACLE-GROUP CONTROLLER